No 1920x1200 option - Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi - i5 9600k - BenQ FP241W

Associate
I've just got some new components and put a PC together. Having a nightmare with the resolution!

The relevant parts are Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, i5 9600k and a BenQ FP241W 24" which has a native res of 1920x1200. Currently connected HDMI to HDMI.

I've tried the Intel graphics drivers from the Gigabyte website and the latest ones from the Intel website. I have a the Benq monitor driver installed also.

No matter what I do, the recommended size is only 1920x1080! It worked fine using DVI to DVI on the old PC and i'm tempted to try the old GTX 560 ti in the new build but it's going to be slower than the onboard graphics.

Any thoughts please?

(I'm going to try a different HDMI cable when I get home tonight but can't see it being that)

Soldato
You'd be surprised - integrated graphics have for very good but even basic discrete graphics tend to be better, on paper at least.

Is it possible that the monitor only has an old HDMI spec port, and its native resolution is only available via DVI? Seems unlikely though.

Associate
OP
You'd be surprised - integrated graphics have for very good but even basic discrete graphics tend to be better, on paper at least.

Is it possible that the monitor only has an old HDMI spec port, and its native resolution is only available via DVI? Seems unlikely though.

I did check this and it looks like it should support 1920x1200 via HDMI. My next step is putting the old card in until I can afford a new one I think. Can't use it like this as it stands.

Although I might try a HDMI to DVI cable to be sure......

Associate
OP
I give up. Ordered a "PNY GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB XLR8 Gaming Dual Fan Overclocked Edition" which has both HDMI and DVI outputs. Just in case it is the HDMI on the monitor causing the issue, even though I can't find any info to say it would be.

I was holding out for RTX 2070 but hey ho.

Associate
OP
Maybe a new monitor with DP ?

Is DP considered the best connection these days?

I wasn't planning on changing the monitor in the short term to be honest. 1080p and 24" is plenty good enough for the time being but I have a 27" iiyama 2560x1440 at work which might be getting swapped with the Benq 24" at this rate. LOL. (It's my company before you assume I'm stealing it!)

Saying that, I could take it home for the weekend.......

Associate
OP
Well the new PNY 1660 Ti is a dream of a card using DVI (not tried the HDMI on it to see if it is the monitor) as I did previously all working in glorious 1920 x 1200. Using high settings in DCS World and Xplane 11 (demo) and so far getting great fps! Super happy.

Back
Top Bottom