1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Audio from Soundcard after latest Windows 10 (1803) update?!!

Discussion in 'Sound City' started by RipGroove, May 26, 2018.

1. RipGroove

Gangster

My SoundBlasterX AE-5 has stopped playing audio through my headphones after the latest Windows 10 update...

My headphones are fine (work with other devices)
    My Soundcard is set as default device in Windows Sound
    My Soundcard drivers are up to date

My monitor still plays audio fine (via Nvidia High definition audio) when selected in windows Sound

2. T.Kay

Gangster

This happened when I updated to the new windows, to fix it I had to reinstall windows fresh, I couldn't find any other way to fix it.

3. RipGroove

Gangster

Jesus, I'm not doing that.

4. leemk

Gangster

Had a similar problem with realtek audio , had to remove every bit of the old driver , using the uninstaller then manually removed the bits it left behind then installed the latest driver i could find.
    Just uninstalling then re-installing the driver didnt work .

5. Rroff

Man of Honour

Have you tried selecting a different audio mode in the Connect software i.e. swapping from Direct HP mode to Stereo and back again?

6. nicknack35

Wise Guy

Bloody hell im glad im still on Windows 7. Couldn't be doing with all this hassle lol

7. Minstadave

Capodecina

Happens to me with my SB-Z. Reinstalling drivers fixes it.

8. Rroff

Man of Honour

That is why I have any machine I actually want to use still on 7 where I can - unfortunately I've got some Windows tablets, etc. that drivers only exist for with Windows 10 and often they are a pain in the rear.

9. nicknack35

Wise Guy

That is the Reason i had my PC built from overclockers back in 2015 cause i wanted windows 7 not 8 which everywhere was selling like PC world exc. I was getting the windows 10 update all the time on my machine until it had enough and stopped asking me to update lol

10. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

Same here, all those rig hosing updates every other day so you have to re-install the thing, the boot loops, the BSOD, the driver messing, this, that and the other, they can keep it :p

11. james.miller

Capodecina

Reinstall the sound drivers. It's probably a good idea to do that after a big update anyway, along with the gpu drivers.