No friends? Hire one!

Soldato
OP
Why hypothetical? There are several countries where its legalised and the brothels are well run businesses.

Well this is an entirely different topic. But I said the "hypothetical idea" because it's very difficult to justify a brothel, even the more responsible ones.

If a brothel hires a woman to sell her body for money, is this woman of sound mind? is she suitably educated about the associated dangers/health risks? These things and others are grey areas to say the least.

Associate
Just a thought, havent we had companion services for years? I know it's not *quite* the same because it's a bit more serious than a mate to go out and get rat-arsed with, but still it's the same concept?

EDIT: And on the brothel idea, it's got to be better being a member of a brothel where you can call out if you're in danger, and condoms can be supplied... Than just working out on the street and having the risk of attack and not knowing what you could catch
Just my 2 cents on the matter

Caporegime
Well this is an entirely different topic. But I said the "hypothetical idea" because it's very difficult to justify a brothel, even the more responsible ones.
How is it difficult to justify a brothel (a legalised one at least)? It's an ongoing business concern that is providing a well used service.

If a brothel hires a woman to sell her body for money, is this woman of sound mind? is she suitably educated about the associated dangers/health risks? These things and others are grey areas to say the least.
Pardon? When any company hires a person to do a job, is that person of sound mind? What a ridiculous thing to say. As a legalised business it is like any other that hires a person to do a job.

Soldato
OP
How is it difficult to justify a brothel (a legalised one at least)? It's an ongoing business concern that is providing a well used service.

Pardon? When any company hires a person to do a job, is that person of sound mind? What a ridiculous thing to say. As a legalised business it is like any other that hires a person to do a job.

Don't be a fool. You're comparing prostitution to shelf stacking?

Working as a prostitute in a brothel is likely to damage a person psychologically for the rest of their life. This and the fact that they are potentially going to contract disease (even 'safe' sex is risky if you're screwing multiple partners a day).

Honestly, comparing working as a prostitute to an everyday 9-5 is so far beyond retarded it barely even deserves this response.

Caporegime

Working as a prostitute in a brothel is likely to damage a person psychologically for the rest of their life. This and the fact that they are potentially going to contract disease (even 'safe' sex is risky if you're screwing multiple partners a day).

Honestly, comparing working as a prostitute to an everyday 9-5 is so far beyond retarded it barely even deserves this response.
No it really isn't. You're looking for a storm in a tea cup, you're over sensationalising, over dramatising, and generally getting worked up over nothing.

Most nonsensical comparison ever. Worst thread attempt to stir up controversy this year. Move along.

Sorry this titter demands an edit:
Why not? Tesco screw you just as much!

Badumtish.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
No it really isn't. You're looking for a storm in a tea cup, you're over sensationalising, over dramatising, and generally getting worked up over nothing.

Most nonsensical comparison ever. Worst thread attempt to stir up controversy this year. Move along.

Controversy? You're blatantly trolling the thread.

First you take the thread off topic. Then you start comparing prostitution to regular jobs?

You're either simply looking for an argument, or you're living in a dreamworld.

Caporegime
Controversy? You're blatantly trolling the thread.

First you take the thread off topic. Then you start comparing prostitution to regular jobs?

You're either simply looking for an argument, or you're living in a dreamworld.
Actually you took your own thread off topic.

Prostitution, in a legalised industry, is the same as a regular job. In fact its an analogous statement because it is a regular job. How hard is that for you to understand? It is regulated and legal in several countries.

You may not like it because you don't agree with it, however thats your moral choice.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Legalising something doesn't necessarily make it right.

How hard is that for you to understand?
I understand that just fine, I've never disputed that - see my edit - I've simply said it is a regular job in many countries.

Whether or not I agree with it is also largely irrelevant. I'd much rather see it go on in a regulated industry than down a dark alley so that the men and women that do it can be better protected from people, diseases and various other unpleasantries that arise around it.

Soldato
OP
Whether or not I agree with it is also largely irrelevant. I'd much rather see it go on in a regulated industry than down a dark alley.

Well yes but thats a different issue entirely. You don't seem to be differentiating between prostitution and soliciting.

Legalisation and regulation is a step in the right direction. but my original point remains the same.

Back
Top Bottom