No Man's Sky VR

Associate
Managed to sort out the performance issues. As mentioned, turned AA and HBAO completely off, reduced the supersampling a notch or two. Also disabled SteamVR's motion smoothing.

Now it runs quite nicely and looks very sharp, even though it's only getting about 45fps (still get the odd slowdown in some situations but nothing dramatic), and that's with everything on max (it doesn't seem to make a huge difference to overall performance I find).

Soldato
Starting to see why the game is so popular, the more I play the more I find and enjoy it more. A genuine triumph for VR I think, certainly planet hoping in your ship gives you an incredible sense of presence.

If I had one slight criticism, it would be the lack of a touch interface. Playing Vox Machinae, the touch interface and cockpit integration sets a gold standard of how it should be done.

Associate
OP
I have managed to play a few more hours of the game, although i am still having performance issues.

I think my problem is my CPU, i have changed all the settings as recommended but still get a lot of stuttering when moving about the world or flying.

Will be retiring my I5 3570k in the next few weeks so hopefully a Ryzen 3700X will smoothe everything out .

But i do love flying around and then circling where i want to land for a minuite just to take in the visuals and the feel of it all :)

Soldato
Latest updates promised performance boost did for me what it says on the tin. Ramped everything to ultra, x16 fxaa, it was smooth and steady with no repro going on.

One or two slight judders when flying atmospheric during a storm, but aside from that it looks and runs fantastic now on the index ramped all up.

Soldato
I tried it last night. perforamnce was still sub optimal, this was with both steamVR and open composite. I have not toyed with settings,just on enhanced so probably still doing 150% super sampling because i have it set to that at the driver level iirc............ but this is the only title which does not work flawlessly.

given i have a very overclocked 1080ti and 4.3ghz i7 5820k however it does not run as well as i would have hoped (my memory is possibly not the best infact it is underclocked but it is still quad channel 2800mhz which should be ok. still really enjoyable when it works. i found the wreckage of a massive spaceship and in VR it looked amazing

Soldato
what specs are you running?

2080ti 9700k 32mb. No sampling @1,0 on the index it's not needed like it was on the vive where you needed to up it so it lose the blur. The only times I had a few judders was like I said, in storms. I could tell right away it running better as the npc craft that skim the planets were smooth and no longer repro ghosting.

Associate
OP
Nice specs :) im running SS at 150% on my Rift, will try reducing it to 100% and see how it looks, hopefully a CPU upgrade in the next couple of weeks will help!

Back
Top Bottom