No signal with DVI but works with HDMI

Associate
Hey guys wondering if anyone can help me with this annoying issue.
So yesterday i turned my pc on and realized the tower was too far back so i pulled it forward a bit and as far as i can tell pulled the power cable out doing so. Gave it a moment put the cable it and turned it on as normal but booting up with DVI cable in saying no signal all the time. Had a look to make sure everything was in right and all seemed ok but still no signal. Put hdmi cable in and it works fine but when i got into windows it changed all the default audio and logged me out of steam, spotify etc(dunno if this is any useful for info).That was last night so i didn't have much patience it turned on and i had signal with HDMI so i left it. Tried this morning with DVI and still same issue. Took GPU out and all cables out the psu to see if that would do anything and put it all back in and then even the HDMI didn't work either. Turned it off and made sure everything was pushed in right came back on with HDMI only and this is where im up to. Ive ordered a new DVI cable but i have a feeling that isn't the issue. Just wondering if theres something ive not covered or any help anyone can provide.

Thank you

MSI Radeon R9 290X Gaming Edition 4096MB GDDR5
Asus Crosshair V Formula Z AMD 990FX (Socket AM3+) DDR3 Motherboard
Windows 10 64 Bit
Corsair 16gb Dominator GT ram

Associate
OP
Still no luck with this.
Ive tried switching that 1-2 thing on the gpu see if that did anything

Changed the PSU cpu power cable and nothing

tried the gpu in a diffrent pci slot and nothing.

Neither dvi ports on the gpu give no signal just the hdmi as far as i can tell.

Worth changing the graphics card for a new one not sure if its had its time as it did this awhile ago but then just randomly worked again this time though gone it seems.

Back
Top Bottom