No sound on DVDs

Soldato
Bit of a weird problem here but when I play a DVD use my headphones there is no sound. The sound isn't muted and was turned up so I though it might be the headphones so I tried a music file and a video I had downloaded and the sound in those worked fine.

So it only seems to be DVDs that don't have sound. I used to get sould in DVDs with all the same stuff (souldcard, headphones etc) but now it don't work.

Anyone got any ideas? :D

Soldato
Matthew-1985 said:
Sorry forgot that part. I was playing the DVDs on windows media player. But I also used it to play the music and video that do work. :confused:

I'll try power DVD.

Windows Media Player can't natively play DVDs - it has to use a third party decoder that it's found on your system. Hence it's quite feasible that if it's a decoder issue then it would have no problems playing other formats.

Reading your post again, I'm not clear on whether it's just the headphones that's the problem? Does it work through speakers? If so then it's a very unusual problem and I've no idea what could cause it.

Soldato
OP
PinkPig said:
Reading your post again, I'm not clear on whether it's just the headphones that's the problem? Does it work through speakers? If so then it's a very unusual problem and I've no idea what could cause it.

It only has no sound when using headphones. If I unplug them then the sound plays in WMP but sould still works through the headphones in non DVDs in WMP.

Associate
Is the sound set to 5.1 on your player and your headphones normal stereo? I had a similar problem a while back with playing DVDs where this was the case.

Back
Top Bottom