Noblechair Black Friday Deal PU vs Real Leather

Associate
Hi folks I know this question has been asked probably a thousand times now but there is an fantastic deal on the Hero PU limited edition and I was wondering how the PU leather on noblechairs are durable as my current 3 year old AK racing chair is peeling like mad. There is a special offer for forum members for the hero real leather so I am trying to decide which to go for. Is it really worth the extra money for real leather? I know these do not come cheap. Any feedback from long term owners of the PU leather would be helpful. I just want to make sure my next chair lasts longer than 3 years.

Trying to decide if the savings on the PU version is worth it instead of the real leather version.

EDIT: I forgot to mention these deals are on OCUK so check them out if you are after a new chair

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Hi folks I know this question has been asked probably a thousand times now but there is an fantastic deal on the Hero PU limited edition and I was wondering how the PU leather on noblechairs are durable as my current 3 year old AK racing chair is peeling like mad. There is a special offer for forum members for the hero real leather so I am trying to decide which to go for. Is it really worth the extra money for real leather? I know these do not come cheap. Any feedback from long term owners of the PU leather would be helpful. I just want to make sure my next chair lasts longer than 3 years.

Trying to decide if the savings on the PU version is worth it instead of the real leather version.

EDIT: I forgot to mention these deals are on OCUK so check them out if you are after a new chair

I just bought that chair. I will let you know in three years if the PU has started peeling.

Soldato
Leather is effectively an investment...

Of course it’s dearer, but it’s also going to last much longer, look and feel better, and something that isn’t ever talked about because it isn’t ‘practical’, is that it’s nice to have nice things.

I just bought the Midnight Blue leather icon (haven’t actually got it yet).

In addition to researching comfort, reliability, quality etc, I decided I wanted noble.
Why? Because it’s an aspirational brand. It’s a brand you see all over the place with streamers, people on forums showing off their ‘uLtImAte gaming Roooomz’ etc, and it’s always highly regarded. I don’t mind admitting, I want in on that. I’ve already got a project log thread up for my recent PC build, and I fully intend to update it with ‘look at my super sexy chair of justice’ or similar.
Childish, but fun.

I wanted leather for all of the real benefits of leather over PU, but I also just wanted to ‘have’ a real leather chair. Again, an aspirational thing.

I also went for the blue over the black, despite the black being heavily discounted right now. Why? Because I’m paying a lot of money for a chair and it’s intended to last a long time. For the sake of that extra cash, over the entire lifetime of the chair, I decided I should get what I really wanted not just almost what I wanted for less money.

TLDR, there’s a psychological benefit to getting nice stuff too.

However... I’ve always been skint, I’ve always had to be thrifty, or at least sensible in the past. An expensive leather chair for playing computer games on is not something I would have forked out for previously.
Now I’m 40, I have much more disposable income than in years gone by, and I’m lucky enough to be able to get a swanky leather chair. If stretching to leather can’t be justified for you, or if you really shouldn’t be spending that much, of course don’t do it. The cheaper PU chairs are still great chairs by all accounts.

Ultimately, there are loads of both tangible and intangible benefits to the leather, but it’s loads of money for a chair and only you know if it’s worth it to you.

Associate
I've never seen an image of worn PU on a Noblechairs brand as it's supposed to be the best PU there is, but as a leather Hero owner, I do much prefer real leather to PU.

Leather is one of those things I doubt we'll ever see a truly comparable synthetic, nature provided something amazing that is very hard to truly replicate. Some PU chairs even advise not to get water on them, in many 50 hour working weeks since getting my Hero I have accidentally spilled some drink etc, no problem for leather. Also the free conditioning kit you get is so good for the leather, you can buff and shine up the leather like a good pair of shoes in 2 mins. Once every three months doing that will keep leather in great shape.

Associate
OP
Leather is effectively an investment...

Of course it’s dearer, but it’s also going to last much longer, look and feel better, and something that isn’t ever talked about because it isn’t ‘practical’, is that it’s nice to have nice things.

I just bought the Midnight Blue leather icon (haven’t actually got it yet).

In addition to researching comfort, reliability, quality etc, I decided I wanted noble.
Why? Because it’s an aspirational brand. It’s a brand you see all over the place with streamers, people on forums showing off their ‘uLtImAte gaming Roooomz’ etc, and it’s always highly regarded. I don’t mind admitting, I want in on that. I’ve already got a project log thread up for my recent PC build, and I fully intend to update it with ‘look at my super sexy chair of justice’ or similar.
Childish, but fun.

I wanted leather for all of the real benefits of leather over PU, but I also just wanted to ‘have’ a real leather chair. Again, an aspirational thing.

I also went for the blue over the black, despite the black being heavily discounted right now. Why? Because I’m paying a lot of money for a chair and it’s intended to last a long time. For the sake of that extra cash, over the entire lifetime of the chair, I decided I should get what I really wanted not just almost what I wanted for less money.

TLDR, there’s a psychological benefit to getting nice stuff too.

However... I’ve always been skint, I’ve always had to be thrifty, or at least sensible in the past. An expensive leather chair for playing computer games on is not something I would have forked out for previously.
Now I’m 40, I have much more disposable income than in years gone by, and I’m lucky enough to be able to get a swanky leather chair. If stretching to leather can’t be justified for you, or if you really shouldn’t be spending that much, of course don’t do it. The cheaper PU chairs are still great chairs by all accounts.

Ultimately, there are loads of both tangible and intangible benefits to the leather, but it’s loads of money for a chair and only you know if it’s worth it to you.

Thanks for the input. Really good points. My current t PU chair was not too bad but it was really hot. We have a real leather sofa and for me it felt a lot breathable than PU leather. This reason swayed me towards real leather. Oh and the sofa is over 5 years now which is definitely much better than what most PU would last. I saw there was a £50 off the real leather version only for forum members so pulled the trigger on the real one.

I've never seen an image of worn PU on a Noblechairs brand as it's supposed to be the best PU there is, but as a leather Hero owner, I do much prefer real leather to PU.

Leather is one of those things I doubt we'll ever see a truly comparable synthetic, nature provided something amazing that is very hard to truly replicate. Some PU chairs even advise not to get water on them, in many 50 hour working weeks since getting my Hero I have accidentally spilled some drink etc, no problem for leather. Also the free conditioning kit you get is so good for the leather, you can buff and shine up the leather like a good pair of shoes in 2 mins. Once every three months doing that will keep leather in great shape.

This is why I was considering the PU as it seems to be very good quality. My current chair is peeling only on the seating area so i guess PU can last long but due to the point above I went for real leather. Cheers for the insight.

A little irony happened when I called ocuk to place an order for the hero the sales guy put me on hold while he checked the offer and behold there was a noblechair ad.

OcUK Staff
To give you an idea @Sky01454 , we've had noblechairs EPIC chairs in the office that have been around for over 3 years now (April 2016) and still look great. No peeling, retained the shape and function as well as the day they were made.

Associate
I've just taken delivery of the Black Friday chair and am sitting on it now. Very nice chair and the quality of the package stands out. I can feel immediately it's quite hard in the seat. But compared to the waning support of the foam in my last chair, I don't mind this. Although I need to bed it in. I've also decided to buy a cushion set to go with this.

Regarding real vs. PU leather in my experience it's always other things that go wrong before the fabric starts wearing (owned a few office chairs over the years) but that might just be because I tend to buy more at the budget end of the market.

Last edited:
Associate
I've had quite a few real leather and PU furniture over the years, and the PU on my limited edition Hero seems very good quality. I think it will last for quite a few years.

I've also ordered pillows just now for my Hero.

I have a Noble PU leather chair that I have had 3 or 4 years, no evidence of wear. I am not skinny either.
It has lots of small perforation holes in it for airflow, but it does get a bit hot at times.
Love the chair, but if I was to buy again I would go for the real leather one.

It is worth noting that the PU leather is 100% fart proof.

Associate
OP
Got my chair delivered today and first impression are:

Real leather smell....mmmmm so nice
Well built. Really sturdy.
The recline mechanism is so smooth. Previous chair would make horrible clank noise.
I like the firmness. It definitely encourages good sitting pose.
Lumbar support is amazing. Previous chair was rubbish.

Thanks everyone for the kind input. Really helped me out. I feel bad for my dad who helped me put the chair together. He has a really old one. I might get him the PU one.

Back
Top Bottom