Nobody mentioned Horner's comments on LH

Caporegime
I mentioned it a few days ago in another thread. I would love it to happen, I would like to see Vettels face and pouting petulance when he got utterly butt ****ed by hamilton.

I would love to see Hamilton get out of Mclaren and drive Newey cars. Most of all I'd like to see Vettel crumble under the pressure.

For me this is the last year Lewis should give Mclaren to give him if the car isn't on the pace.

Associate
I mentioned it a few days ago in another thread. I would love it to happen, I would like to see Vettels face and pouting petulance when he got utterly butt ****ed by hamilton.

I would love to see Hamilton get out of Mclaren and drive Newey cars. Most of all I'd like to see Vettel crumble under the pressure.

For me this is the last year Lewis should give Mclaren to give him if the car isn't on the pace.

agreed. lewis v vettel is going to be a hell of a shakedown. woop!;)

Caporegime
I love Red Bull, but just can't warm to Vettel. Probably because you he a free ride to the title last year and had a fair shout in 2009 but when he's put under pressure he cracks.

When Button put him under pressure he fell off the road in 09, and fell apart time and time again in 2010. 3 other drivers had a decent shot at him points wise in 2010 with a different team despite being 0.5-1 second behind in terms of car pace.

I just can't rate a driver with that much time in his hands that struggles to win a title. No one got near the pace of that Red Bull, such was the dominance of the team. Usually others copy/close the gap during the season but the team did such a great job maintaining that gap all year long.

Soldato
I'd love for LH to have a sneaky test in the Redbull, Not sure he could resist if he did.

I'm a big fan of Lewis as a driver, Can't imagine him in any other car than Mclaren but they really don't seem to be delivering the goods.

Will see how things change by end of this season I guess.

Soldato
Im no Lewis fan but seeing Lewis vs Sebastian would be funny, 2 drivers I just dont like in a team that should really have a few more good seasons ahead of them. Would at least show who can man up the best

Soldato
I certainly read those comments by Horner.

In fairness, Horner is saying the right things. If I were him I would make even more comments, to a point that Hamilton's mindset is a little unstable. Its very important to sow a seed of doubt into a rival driver. Great stuff.

I'm sure that Hamilton's new management team will explain to him that a driver of his calibre belongs in a team which can deliver a faster car. McLaren's design team is under-performing, year on year and seems to always be on the back foot, playing catch up. Whitmarsh did a fantastic job getting Button at McLaren, but their 2 drivers need to have a decent car, which the design team are not producing.

Hamilton and Vettel in a competitive RBR would be fantastic to see, but I can't see how a team can accommodate 2 very competitive drivers who do not like team-mates that are out-performing them. For sure, Horner (who can't handle Webber), would be unable to handle Vettel AND Hamilton, who will certainly end up arguing with eachother.

Soldato
Also for any MSc fans out there, the future is looking bright:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9427880.stm

From his comments, it would be easy to think that perhaps MSc might actually be gunning for race wins this year.

Also, based on pre-season testing, McLaren is one of the least reliable teams, so it should be interesting how Hamilton handles a poor season (if in fact, that is what happens). Personally, I can't see how McLaren will win even one dry race this year, as there are at least 4 faster cars on the grid, with better reliability. Could 2011 be Hamilton's final year at McLaren?

Soldato
I cant see lewis leaving where he was essentially born and bred for DBR.

Although mclaren do need a sort out behind the scenes.

You think Hamilton will sacrifice his future career and winning potential to sit out his days in a team which cannot deliver a decent car?

If Hamilton does do as you suggest, he will probably be one of the first (top) F1 drivers in the last few decades, to sit out their entire career in a lesser team, simply for the sake of loyalty.

If you go back through the ages: MSc, Alonso, Senna, Mansell, Prost, Piquet (I could go on)...they have all switched teams on a regular basis according to whichever team would offer them the best deal (money or race/title winning opportunity).

If McLaren keep churning out cars which are about 0.5s/lap of the pace, Hamilton will have no choice but to move teams.

EDIT: come to think of it, can you name me even one driver, who is considered top class, who has stayed in a team (for loyalty), while they continued to manufacture lesser cars? I can only think of Button, though in his case, there may have been other reasons for him to stay at Honda. Also, Button was never being courted by the team with the fastest car (at the time Ferrari and Renault).

Last edited:
Caporegime
I cant see lewis leaving where he was essentially born and bred for DBR.

Although mclaren do need a sort out behind the scenes.

He now has a management team around him that will push for the absolute maximum in a car, contract and money. I will be amazed if he's still there if mclaren give him an average car again.

As Horner says, any driver manager doing his job properly is now knocking on his door. I'm not that biggest fan of hamilton but if he became available every team on the grid would want his services as no1. Even ferrari should go for him as a longer term option.

If hamilton got in a car anything like the ferrari or redbull you would see a period of dominance like MS's ferrari years.

Back
Top Bottom