Noctua NH-D15 Black Limited Lap

Associate
Hey guys, this is my first post on this awesome forum, I really love you English people : )

Anyway, bought a used NH-D15 Black Limited Linus Edition and was so happy about it, after it arrived I have unfortunately noticed some scratches on the base...can't return it, the seller didn't mentioned it...it would probably affect my purchase decision...

So what would you guys do?

- Would you use it like this?
- Can it scratch my new CPU, wanted to get 10700K or 10850K?
- Should I "lap it", I don't know is it concave or convex, it would have to be measured by laser or something, would it be smart anyway?
- Will it affect the cooling this way, since my intention was to use it for higher 5.0 overclock?
- If I bought a new one, would it be scratched/damaged like this after some usage, what are the chances for that as well?

Pictures are bellow, let's debate : )

6vaXX8q.png

0VKm9Sh.png

Associate
OP
Thank you guys very much. Your kind help is extremely appreciated.

I am not worried anymore, seems that all of my questions were kindly answered.
So basically it's not a deal breaker, if I bought it new it could end up like that after few years. I will be careful when mounting it not to scratch the CPU. I have found similar info on the internet that there might be 1-3 degree difference, but I will have to check it once I get my new components.

Thanks once again!

Back
Top Bottom