Node 202 CPU Cooler

Associate
Hi all,

Planning a build in a node 202 using th 9600k CPU but not sure on best cooler I have looked at the BIG SHURIKEN 2 and the cryorig c7
I dont think I will be overclocking. Main use for the system will be gaming in the living room at 1080P. GPU GPU i think will be a 2070.

Man of Honour
The big Shuriken won't fit as it's 58mm tall. The Node 202 only takes a cooler up to 56mm in height. The C7 will be fine as it's only 47mm high. You will also need a SFX psu no longer than 130mm. The best SFX psu's are Corsairs excellent SF 450w, 600w and 750w units.

Soldato
Even Thermalright AXP-100 (not AXP-100H) is 58mm tall. If the vent is directly above CPU you might be able to squeeze a 58mm cooler in, but I would get the case and measure to be sure before buying a 58mm tall cooler. Personally I would look for a case with a little more CPU clearance and better airflow away from GPU as to GPU. Node 202 has vent over GPU, but no matching exhaust vent area so where is the air coming in the 2x 120mm side vent going to leave the case? Because without matching exhaust venting the air cannot leave, meaning air cannot enter and cool. Rule is is 'what comes in must go out.' Only what can be going out of case can be replaced with new cool air coming into case.

Soldato
Fancier wrapper but not much else. I helped build a gaming Raven. It took us over a month of experimenting and at least £100 extra expense to get it dialed in to work well. Sure it can be done, but a little bigger case with more clearance and venting is so much easier to build and have cool and quiet performance in. Is your space that limited?

Soldato
It is in a cabinet or in open space? Sorry to ask so many questions. Just trying to visualize where it sets and what is around it

Associate
OP
Not in a cabinet as no more space.
IMG_20190127_155331.jpg

IMG_20190127_155526.jpg

This area .

Soldato
Wow! Yeah, not much room. What is the distance front to back of wood TV stand, from TV base to side wood TV stand and from wood TV stand to bottom of TV?

Soldato
Sugo SG13 would limit you to mini-DTX nd mini-ITX motherboards.
I think I would go with something that supports normal ITX or mATX motherboard, full size ATX PSU and long enough for even the longest GPUs. Bigger, longer coolers on GPUs generally means quieter performance. Same applies to CPU coolers. A little bigger case with room and venting will support one of the small tower coolers that because they pull air in from front and p;ush it back don't mix heated exhaust with cool intake .. and the cooler the air into coolers is the coole the components are. Every degree warmer the air into cooler is translates into almost exactly the same degree hotter component is. Not sure which cases because all of my builds are small towers or bigger.

How much storage do you plan to use?

Soldato
My HTPC is old, but still does well. It has a single 256GB SSD as well as a 13TB of libaray space with same size backup using 4x HDDs in a Nanaxia Deep Silent 4 mini-tower measuring 200 x 380 x 480 (WxHxD mm) I changed the stock fans to Phanteks MPs and for i7 6700 and old Asus GTX 580 DirectCu II in a nice cool and quiet yet powerful system. It's the smallest case I am using. :p

Associate
I'm writing in this thread to all of You who looking for best cooler for Node 202 and reads all threads on many sites like I did one month ago.
I have Intel i5 9600K on ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX and bought Nocuta NH-L9i - You have to be very careful with this cooler to mount it in the right way. First I mounted it in the way that RAM covered all side of the Noctua and air can't escaped that direction. I had to rotate the Cooler that air had maximum space to escape from it.
I bought 2x8GB RAM modules with normal high and beautiful radiator on it, and it was bad idea. They fits hard into the slots side by side and just touches the radiator. Look for low profile RAM without or with very thin radiator.
Temperatures on NH-L9i was very high, so I ordered bigger, optional fan for it. It was better, but not satisfying and there ware lots of space above the cooler to top of Node 202. I started to looking for something else.
Scythe Big Shuriken 2 is not available in my country, and Cryorig C7 is only 47mm, so lots of space unused in the case.
Then I found SilverStone Argon SST-AR06. It's 58mm high (same as BIG Shuriken 2), 4 heat pipes and radiator from top to bottom. Fan is as same loud (quiet) as this from Noctua and the temperatures are the same with original fan and the fan from NH-L9i. I stay with Noctua fan, because it has less vibrations. The SilverStone fits perfectly on ASRock. It's touching second, small power plug, but everything is grate. 1mm more from heat pipes side and it won't fit. Node 202 closes perfectly. You don't have to dismount any dust filter or so.
I recommend this cooler very much.
You can find the same post (copy&paste) on some other forums, so maybe it helps someone.

Back
Top Bottom