Noise

Permabanned
It's tricky to measure noise. but I can give some input...

I've always used Antec P180/P193 cases and they're near enough silent with tricool fans on low.

I've always replaced the stock Intel cooler with an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 pro, which is near enough silent.

I'm current running a Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X (which I believe they renamed), and that's near enough silent too. I think the Phantom nvidia models are similar.

I've always used Antec TruePower PSUs, never heard a peep out of it - odd to believe some ppl complain about their PSU noise.

Associate
OP
It's tricky to measure noise. but I can give some input...

I've always used Antec P180/P193 cases and they're near enough silent with tricool fans on low.

I've always replaced the stock Intel cooler with an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 pro, which is near enough silent.

I'm current running a Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X (which I believe they renamed), and that's near enough silent too. I think the Phantom nvidia models are similar.

I've always used Antec TruePower PSUs, never heard a peep out of it - odd to believe some ppl complain about their PSU noise.

I have a AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 955 Black Edition and did use the stock cooler on it untill about 3 months ago, i just could not deal with the high amount of noise any longer, then i upgraded to the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2, it made such a huge difference, i can still hear it though.

Soldato
The problem is noise is very subjective. What one person says is quiet is quite different to another persons opinion.
Take the CPU, PSU, GPU and HDD, you make one quieter (or silent) then the next rung on the ladder is addressing the next noise problem.
It all depends on your subjective definition of 'quiet'. I went though many hardware swaps outs, and ended up watercooled to get a computer I couldn't tell if it was turned on or off if I walked into the room.

Permabanned
That's true, I've always described my rig as "near silent". Meaning I can't hear it as long as I'm not trying to.

My mates said the same, I went round their place and it's an offensive racket!

Associate
OP
That's true, I've always described my rig as "near silent". Meaning I can't hear it as long as I'm not trying to.

My mates said the same, I went round their place and it's an offensive racket!

my dad built a new computer and you wouldn't know when its on, its that quiet.

I think the main noise from my PC is CPU fan, PSU fan, my GFX doesnt make that much noise it seems.

Back
Top Bottom