Noisy computer

Associate
I've recently built my first computer from scratch and all the software is running smoothly. I've got two problems though that may be linked. The first is that the fans seem to be running at an unusually high speed and it's extremely noisy, and the second is that at every startup a message comes up saying that Window's has failed to load properly and I have the option of 'last known good setup', 'run windows normally', 'run windows in safe mode' etc. It's happened virtually every time but I can't find a cause. Both of these problems have happened right from the start and it's always the same when I start the computer up.

About the fans - I've only had the computer for a couple of months so dust isn't a problem. It's simply that the fans are running exceptionally fast. There were two occasions where I've done something to the BIOS and it's then been virtually silent and run perfectly, but I can't seem to replicate this effect, nor has it been permanent.

I believe this to be a problem with the computer's setup. I don't know much about the BIOS so I've simply left that as default. Is there anything that I can do that could solve these problems? Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
- IP35 Pro XE motherboard
- Western Digital WD5000AAKS 500GB SATAII 7200RPM Hard drive

Any other specifications needed, just name them.

Associate
OP
Sorry, that was a bit of an idiotic mistake - I meant to put it in Case Central.

The case is the Antec 300, with the two fans that came with it. It has room for three more, so would that be a possible cause/solution?

Back
Top Bottom