Non fault claim - how much does it increase my insurance by ?

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
It all depends on the insurer and/or what question they actually ask.

i.e. have you made a claim in the last 5 years? Personally I see that as a no, you haven't made a claim the other insurance company are paying you for the cretin's mistake :)

BUT if they say have you had any accidents in the last 5 years then the answer is yes, then you fill out their form to say it was a third party claim etc.

Some places will bump the insurance up, some won't.

I found Elephant did but Tesco didn't for example.

Both times I've had a non fault accident I've purposely told my insurers not to do anything, shell out even a penny, as I knew that I'd get everything from the other party so I don't get a claim on my record. And as the solicitor fees for one of them came out of my legal cover thing it didn't count (as it was a help hire type company that fought the case and not my insurer, the insurer was the last line of offense if that didn't work :) ).

MrMatteh said:
yup, just because someone drove into my *parked* car whilst i was inside watching a film, my insurance goes up, because suddenly i'm a big risk!

Sadly yes you are more likely to make a claim due to parking the car where it is more likely to be hit than sticking it somewhere it isn't :)

Last edited:

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
MrMatteh said:
Cause i *want* my car to be hit? :(

Nope sadly this kind of thing isn't personal! Look at it statiscally, as it's all based on numbers/probablilities.

You parked you car in location X.

Car got hit in location X.

Conclusion? If your car is parked in location X there's more of a chance it'll get hit compared to location y where joe bloggs parks his car and has never been hit.

Plus Exeter is a ruffians area :p

Last edited:
Associate
Ev0 said:
Nope sadly this kind of thing isn't personal! Look at it statiscally, as it's all based on numbers/probablilities.

You parked you car in location X.

Car got hit in location X.

Conclusion? If your car is parked in location X there's more of a chance it'll get hit compared to location y where joe bloggs parks his car and has never been hit.

Plus Exeter is a ruffians area :p

this was at my friends house.. in brookmans park! doesnt get much posher than that! :p

Associate
OP
PeterNem said:
My insurance (with Norwich Union) hasn't increased a penny, and running a quote with 0 accidents declared, and then again with 2 non-fault accidents declared gives me the same premium.

I'm with Asda, they are underwritten by Norwich union so hopefully my insurance wont have increased!

Clio 182 here i come! lol

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom