Northbridge Cooling

Associate
Attempting to overclock my 6300 on my 965P DS3, and I think it's my northbridge which is causing the BSODs I get when I have it at over 2.2ghz. At that kind of speeds with Orthos it's hitting 60+C regularly. Is this usual and is it probably the cause of the crashes?

At the time the CPUs generally not that high, often 10+ degrees lower, so I'm hoping it's not the cause.
(e.g. running with Orthos at stock I'm hitting 51C with the Northbridge and only 41 with the CPU)
Currently on the stock fan but am going to order an Arctic Freezer tomorrow.

Currently using 2x 120MM case fans as well in a Coolermaster Centurian, but the damn Hiper PSU (I know, I know, why oh why did I get it) doesnt have enough leads to add on another fan.

Willing to do any tests necessary, just feel having it at such low speeds is a waste of the hard earned money.

If it is the Northbridge cooling suggestions would be much appreciated (not too expensive though), noise doesnt matter within reason.

Cheers for the help!

Associate
I pesonally would'nt say it was the Northbridge which is causing the problems although of course I can't be sure as you have not detailed all settings and voltages used.

Could you list spec and bios settings so we might have a better idea.

Associate
OP
Hmm, seems OK, forgot to put all the changes back suggested in the DS3 thread after I had to reset the CMOS.

What temperature is the maximum the northbridge should be running at? Going to push to that and see whether it is the problem.

Back
Top Bottom