norton internet 06 and windows updates

Associate
hi guys i have just instaled ni6 and the damm thing has activated windows update which i use but on my terms as a full dload slows my system , does anyone know how to remove the windows update bit , i have it disabled at the moment but norton goes into red and does not like it, not as much as me norton i dont liike to be told what i can and cant d/load bad norton!!!!!!!! :confused:

Associate
You need to disable the norton protection centre, this is listed in the windows services. if you type services.msc into the run dialog on your start menu and go through the services then you should be able to find it, i think its list as norton protection centre but you should be able to find it by reading the service descriptions. Once you have found this then disable it (it is safe to do so) and reboot and the problem should be gone.

Associate
and I also recommend you switch off automatic program control as I had it switched on and managed to get a trojan on my pc and it allowed it full access to the net

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Solution is not to use Norton, it causes slowdowns and is way too problematic..

AVAST home edition / AVG 7 Free edition are much easier on the system resources and NOD32 is the best buyable protection.. they all do a better job than Norton.

Back
Top Bottom