Not getting paid and redundancy - advice needed!

Man of Honour
dirtydog said:
In addition to the month's salary they should also be entitled to pay in lieu of notice plus the statutory redundancy payments based on length of employment.

The statutory redundancy starts 2 years after you started with the company and then you are entitled one weeks wages for every year you have worked there up to a maximum of £310 a week. Once you reach 41+ you then get an extra half week payment per year.

To give you an idea I have worked for the same company for 27 years (age 22 to 49) amd my statutory DTI redundancy payment will be £7,440 :(
Not a lot is it?

Heres a nice little redundancy calculator to upset you all - http://www.dti.gov.uk/cgi-bin/er_feb07_reconner.pl

Permabanned
dmpoole said:
To give you an idea I have worked for the same company for 27 years (age 22 to 49) amd my statutory DTI redundancy payment will be £7,440 :(
Not a lot is it?
It's better than a kick in the knackers mate. Some people don't get anything if their company goes bust, AFAIK.

Man of Honour
dirtydog said:
It's better than a kick in the knackers mate. Some people don't get anything if their company goes bust, AFAIK.

I will have enhancements (so I've been told) which could take it nearer the £15,000 mark.
Hmm, if I remember right Mark paid around £30,000 for OCUK, I wonder if he'll let me go halves :)

Anyway, back on track - tell your sister to get some legal advice because I have heard of workers sitting on stock before to get whats owed.

Soldato
Deadly Ferret said:
If I were in that position, manager of a store with access to thousands of pounds worth of stock, laid off and owed a month's salary, I'd consider drastic action...I'll say no more.

Totally agree.....Sad but true.

Soldato
Deadly Ferret said:
If I were in that position, manager of a store with access to thousands of pounds worth of stock, laid off and owed a month's salary, I'd consider drastic action...I'll say no more.

And I'm sure you'd get plenty of visitors, maybe even a file in your first cake.
Either way...don't clench...apparently it hurts more...

Soldato
tell her to go in and open the store as normal

sell enough stock to cover her wages and that of anyone else she wants to help out

Job done no theft of stock just taking money that is owed :)

Soldato
sormicoft said:

sell enough stock to cover her wages and that of anyone else she wants to help out

That wouldn't be legal surely?!

Caporegime
Hm if they go into administration she will get zero from the business itself.

however, you can claim back wages from the government (upto £250 per week for each week you are owed) and on top of that she may be able to claim her redundancy from the business too.

id tell her to hang tight for a day or so, and she should recieve some documents from HR to that effect.

ive been in the same situation myself and i claimed back most things from the government, albeit the amount i accrued in wages owed was more than the government paid me out.

Man of Honour
stoofa said:
And I'm sure you'd get plenty of visitors, maybe even a file in your first cake.

It takes at least one of two things in order for a thief to be caught, or any criminal for that matter: insufficient mental acuity (which includes awareness of one's surroundings) and bad luck.

In that situation, manager of the store who knows its security intimately and is able to control access to the premises, at least long enough for the villainous purpose in mind...there's very little scope for bad luck.

I think it takes an unimaginative person to assume failure/detection is likely.

Associate
sormicoft said:

Except that it would be theft of stock because in the music retail industry almost everything is on sale or return, so it actually belongs to the supplier, not the retailer.

Back
Top Bottom