Not such a sad day

Associate
Congratulations. Best advise I can give, and admittedly probably not that that useful, is for both you and your wife to get some sleep. My wife and I experienced induction two weeks ago, even after the waters are broken you may be waiting a while for true labour to commence. Similar issues with waiting for a delivery room to become available.

Last edited:
Soldato
Im so glad you are going to have a happy ending. There's not much that pulls on my heart strings but every time I hear stories about still born babies it sets me off :( With regards to waiting around, don't try to rush things, just pass time until you get your slot. If you're being ignored it's usually because everything's fine! Once things start moving you will be priority number 1 and the rollercoaster will start!

Soldato
OP
Just at the labour ward now. Baby is a little sleepy but they're happy with breaking her waters. A credit to these midwives down here as they've been very with the explaining and what the plan is. Good job I got some shut eye and so did the wife.

Soldato
My daughter was dead when she was born, everything was fine until we got to the hospital. It took the crash team 14 mins to revive her and they had to give her a blood transfusion. Then they put her in the cooling treatment and sent her to manchester childrens hospital.
They tols us she may not last the night and if she survived she would probably have brain damage. They gave her the best care possible, and 7 years later she got all A grades in her 1st year of school.
Dont dismiss the NHS, they will give you the best treatment that is available.
I hope everything works out and you have a healthy child.

Associate
Glad you both got some sleep. Are they continuing with an induction drip after they break her waters? My wife's went on their own after the second pessary, and it was a futher 36 hours before a delivery room became available, so hopefully you don't have that long a wait.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
They will do an induction drip if the contractions don't get any worse. Just a waiting game now but so far so good. They're happy with how clear the water was and baby on the monitor.

Doofski, I can understand your point and I'm so happy it worked out ok for you in the end. I guess the bad experiences do end up giving you a bad opinion on the situations at hand. Saying that, the staff so far down here have been excellent.

Soldato
OP
Baby has been born. It's a boy all is well his weight is 7 pounds 2 ounces. Wife is over the moon as am I, what a brilliant feeling. Will update again once he's home. Midwives have been fantastic given the circumstances.

Soldato
Baby has been born. It's a boy all is well his weight is 7 pounds 2 ounces. Wife is over the moon as am I, what a brilliant feeling. Will update again once he's home. Midwives have been fantastic given the circumstances.

Outstanding! Congrats to you and the missus. Get a few hours kip cause it'll be the last sleep you get for a while :p

Back
Top Bottom