• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Not sure if 1080ti is starting to go faulty?

Associate
Yea that's what i thought also, but i never heard it and my system isn't loud also it was only slightly warm to the touch. Maybe it's because of spikes of power? i heard that some seasonic models have reported shutdowns under transient loads such as the Focus models which is a Tier two PSU. So made me thing the PSU doesn't deal with sudden power increase requirements such as when the GPU usage fluctuates it can change the power requirements substantially. It could be why when i launched 3d mark as soon as it started it would restart my system because it when from using hardly any power the maxed out.
I think i'm just trying to convince my self tbh lol but it does seem logical. But maybe that's why i can't hear my fan? it's not under full load but because it peaks/spikes in power or rather what some one else said "transient load" it can cause restarts.

This is what i found on another forum
"FOCUS also breaks spec under transient load, IIRC some people have reported shutdowns with FOCUS(+) PSUs (and their re-brands) when used with high end 1080Tis and Vega cards. "
Mine is not the same model it's the G series but the G series is a tier two PSU apparently same as the Focus models.
I think you're being a bit harsh on your PSU. It gets a good review here -

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/10/30/seasonic_gseries_g750_power_supply_review/

It does mention that the fan isn't as good quality to the ones fitted previously!

At least with another PSU you should be able to isolate where the issue is.

Associate
A good quality PSU will last ages. I have a Corsair 520hx which still works perfectly.

It's now well over 10 years old, it came with a 10 year warranty so they built it to last!
Any make of PSU can fail, they aren't 100% reliable. My Corsair HX620W, the big brother to yours died last year. It wouldn't power-on one day.............

Associate
Open the nvidia control panel, go into 'about' I think it is, and put the driver in debug mode.

Had similar problem on my EVGA GTX 970. Random black screen during demanding games, All 3 monitors would just shut off, hard PC reset to get anything back.

Debug mode fixed this for me. You lose out on the factory overclock but it works with decent frames and doesn't crash.

It should confirm what your problem is if nothing else.

Soldato
OP
Open the nvidia control panel, go into 'about' I think it is, and put the driver in debug mode.

Had similar problem on my EVGA GTX 970. Random black screen during demanding games, All 3 monitors would just shut off, hard PC reset to get anything back.

Debug mode fixed this for me. You lose out on the factory overclock but it works with decent frames and doesn't crash.

It should confirm what your problem is if nothing else.
Hey, thanks for this. I didn't know about trying this so it's a good shout. My PSU is on its way today so i'll see how i get on with that but if it happens again ill try this. Fingers crossed it doesn't though lol.

Back
Top Bottom