Notebook Coolers any new thoughts?

Associate
My Dell M70 keeps over heating and shutting down.
Its hot where I am.

I have looked at the NotePal Infinite and the NZXT Cryo LX.

I cannot find anywhere that stocks the Cryo in the UK and the notePal I am a little concerned about as it takes the air in from the back in other words it take in the hot expelled air from the notebook. Not the best design.

Any thoughts?

Soldato
clean your fan/heatsink on your laptop it should not overheat if running properly, you can use compressed air in a can. dont waste money on a cooler unless you really need to.

Associate
My dads laptop had this problem and it turned out there was loads of dust in the fans and heatsink. Try cleaning them out if it won't void your warrenty.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the feed back.

It's 35-40 degrees here in Madrid. No air-conditioning.
Last summer had everything replaced by Dell due to it over heating and finally being being pronounced dead.
It's now out of warrenty. Will give cleaning a go but I feel I might need to give it some extra help.

Soldato
If you do want to get one, it's worth shopping around and looking for reviews, because some of them make very little difference. Also depends on the fan placement of your notebook; if the cooler's fans are inline with your notebook's fans, it'll be more effective I'd imagine.

Simply raising your laptop off the surface of your desk a bit (I've used coasters to prop the back end up before) can help lower temps a bit, so maybe try that.

Associate
OP
I have a passive CoolPad at present which in this heat does little.

I took the M70 apart and cleaned it, but there was not much dust so I am not expecting much.

I have read tons of reviews, but have found difficulty getting the ones I like..
Zalman
Cryo LX
NotePal Infinite

I did buy a Belken Notepad cooler which did help but the M70 did not fit very well on it so I sent it back.

Back
Top Bottom