Notting Hill Carnival

Soldato
Never forget, look after your broom
'And the broom will look after you'? ;)
- ' No, just look after your broom'..

I cannot forget that entire scene.. off the top of my head:

- I've had the same broom for 20 years now..
-- 20 Years? Have you actually done any sweeping with it?
- Yeah, It's had 12 new heads and 14 new handles
-- well how can it be the same bloody broom then?
- [shows a picture of himself with a broom] here's a photo of it, what more proof do you want.

Classic.. :)

Soldato
Not a great surprise to see the same old people complaining about 'black people' and 'black culture'.

If you stay on the main route you are likely to see no trouble. That only happens usually in the back streets off the main route.

Commissario
The thing that gets me about a lot of the complaints is that 2 million visitors is the equivalent to a very large UK city (I think there are only 3 that are larger), and most of them are going to be exactly the sort of people that criminals traditionally look out for regardless of what's going on, namely people out to have fun and who are likely unfamiliar with the area.

Pretty much every carnival or major event has a "higher than average" level of policing and crime because the criminals know there are going to be a lot of potential victims and cover for what they're doing, whilst the police know that there are going to be those criminals plus all the normal issues you get when you've got loads of people together, but unlike most events this is massively spread out and not largely contained in an area that has been at least somewhat converted to it (unlike say most big sports arenas which these days are typically built with crowd control and crime levels in mind).

Back
Top Bottom