Nurburgring May 2006 Details

Soldato
Vertigo1 said:
Err, you've booked the hotel but aren't sure of the date? :confused:

I know the date and have booked the hotel, but it would be good if we could merge the meets because I am going in may too.

I am not sure if a date has been fixed, but as far as I can tell it doesn't look like it.

Soldato
Vertigo1 said:
I think 24th to 28/29th is looking pretty certain from previous discussions.

Thats perfect because I have booked that date.

I would book the hotel quickly though! I had a nightmare booking a single room. In the end I had to get a double.

Soldato
The Pistenklaus at E50 a night you mean?

Try the B&B opposite that we stayed in last year for E35 a night and save yourself 50 quid. That's what I shall be doing whenever I get out there next.

Soldato
Vertigo1 said:

Try the B&B opposite that we stayed in last year for E35 a night and save yourself 50 quid. That's what I shall be doing whenever I get out there next.

cheapskate ;)

to be fair, there isnt a huge difference in them. both o.k. and both pretty cheap. :)

Soldato
Vertigo1 said:

No. I paid €35 after a little negotiation :)

I tried a load of places, only by email though so I wouldn't be suprised if there are singles out there if you phone around.

Soldato
I was hugely impressed with the B&B tbh - nice en-suite rooms with brekky for 25 quid a night was an absolute steal. Ok Pistenklaus itself isn't much more but 50 quid is 50 quid :)

F355 is right though, you lot need to fix the dates and book rooms asap as I can imagine it's going to be rather busy come the end of May.

Soldato
Vertigo1 said:
I was hugely impressed with the B&B tbh - nice en-suite rooms with brekky for 25 quid a night was an absolute steal. Ok Pistenklaus itself isn't much more but 50 quid is 50 quid :)

F355 is right though, you lot need to fix the dates and book rooms asap as I can imagine it's going to be rather busy come the end of May.

What was the name of the hotel (or Pension if you are feeling german ;)) ?

25th - 29th was worked out to be the best weekend in may, so I would be suprised if it isnt that week.

Soldato
The main hotel where we eat each night and where the steak-off took place is called Pistenklaus am Tiergarten. Directly opposite is the B&B we stayed in which is called Haus Ringblick (http://www.ringblick.de/E-Inhalts.htm). I failed to turn up a website for the Pistenklaus but on my travels I did manage to locate rare footage of Andy's long lost brother:

http://chrisrae.com/nurburgring/apr2001/vaux.avi :D

(right-click, save as - direct linky seems to think it's an audio file for me)

The 25th to 29th seemed to be the best time as it was a fairly solid run of full opening days at the 'ring. Dave's only issue was whether he could get the bank holiday off work as otherwise he'd need to come back on the 28th.

Last edited:
Soldato
Vertigo1 said:
The main hotel where we eat each night and where the steak-off took place is called Pistenklaus am Tiergarten. Directly opposite is the B&B we stayed in which is called Haus Ringblick (http://www.ringblick.de/E-Inhalts.htm). I failed to turn up a website for the Pistenklaus but on my travels I did manage to locate rare footage of Andy's long lost brother:

http://chrisrae.com/nurburgring/apr2001/vaux.avi :D

(right-click, save as - direct linky seems to think it's an audio file for me)

The 25th to 29th seemed to be the best time as it was a fairly solid run of full opening days at the 'ring. Dave's only issue was whether he could get the bank holiday off work as otherwise he'd need to come back on the 28th.

Haus Ringblick is where I have booked :D No singles left though, only doubles/twins.

Just downloading the video :D

edit: What a crazy mofo!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom