• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA 1070Ti DEALS!! **

Been saying this for a while and got laughed at, 2 friends at work with 1080's who waited to upgrade to the 2080ti, both laughed at the price and are sticking to consoles, sure they'll keep their pc's for WoW but when the fun of that wears off i can see them flogging their PC's and staying with consoles...

I only play on my PC for a couple of titles, FF14 (also on PS4), Grim Dawn (coming to Xbox One), Diablo 3 (on both consoles currently) and im waiting on some MMORPGs, like Pantheon and Camelot, if either Camelot or Panetheon end up on console thats me done with PC gaming i think.

Next round of consoles will be really good imo.

This might be my last gen in PC gaming. Prices are so retarded it's pushing me out. Looking at PS5/Xbox also
People these days don't really need to upgrade each generation. There's different ways of sustaining PC gaming and one is simply to game at non-4K resolutions and buy a mid-top end GPU every other generation.
I've not tried console gaming since around 2009 and it was a compromise. I hated it and the way the games played so I'm not in a rush to try that again anytime soon.
Anyone who already has a 1080 Ti at 1440P for example can easily skip this generation unless they want to give RT a try.
4K owners, well that's their fault :p. I made that mistake when I moved to 1440P years ago (before HW could run it well) and won't be making that mistake again.
Part of the problem is also poorly optimised games.Some games simply run rubbish compared to others.

Last edited:
Exactly. This and the 1080ti sale thread are really stretching the definition of the word "deal" :p.

Gibbo should come back to us when he is doing 1080tis for ~£400 and 1070ti's for ~£200. Until then, pass.

If there is no fire sale for the old cards this time around, then this new release just got even more disappointing!

Unfortunately this'll never happen, as the demand for 1080 Ti's, because of the sub par 2xxx series launch, is still strong, yet the supply low/non existent.

Been saying this for a while and got laughed at, 2 friends at work with 1080's who waited to upgrade to the 2080ti, both laughed at the price and are sticking to consoles, sure they'll keep their pc's for WoW but when the fun of that wears off i can see them flogging their PC's and staying with consoles...

I only play on my PC for a couple of titles, FF14 (also on PS4), Grim Dawn (coming to Xbox One), Diablo 3 (on both consoles currently) and im waiting on some MMORPGs, like Pantheon and Camelot, if either Camelot or Panetheon end up on console thats me done with PC gaming i think.

Next round of consoles will be really good imo.

Once consoles do 1080P/120 FPS or 1440P/60 FPS I'll be converted :)

All I’m waiting for is proper K/M support and a 360 room scale VR and I’m gone.

PC gaming has gotten to expensive for me

Microsoft announced on Twitter last night that they are implementing proper KB / Mouse support with Devs being able to control it in games etc... so its definitely coming. As of now you can plug a keyboard in if your playing ESO or something and chat, its a bit clunky but it works. But yeah definitely need proper full support.

Check out @XboxQwik’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/1044693786008272896?s=09

Last edited:
All I’m waiting for is proper K/M support and a 360 room scale VR and I’m gone.

PC gaming has gotten to expensive for me

If consoles get KB/Mouse support, I'll ditch consoles. There's a huge difference in performance between the two, and from experience with games that support both, as a controller player, you always get hammered KB and mouse players, which completely ruins the game. It's the best thing about consoles - everyone is on a level playing field.

To pair with a i5 2500k I’m wondering if a 1070Ti or a Vega 64 would be best?
Or would I be better just going with a 1060 6gb/RX580?

I play at 1080p and would like Ultra settings and possibly get a windows VR in a few months.

I have major backlog of Steam games but would at least want to be able to run games on high setting for next few years.

Good to see that Aero is exactly the same price I paid for the non ti at launch.

I very nearly boycotted Nvidia due to the £100 increase from 970 to 1070 but that wasn't enough to put me off.

Now I see even more clearly that I bought at a good time.

To pair with a i5 2500k I’m wondering if a 1070Ti or a Vega 64 would be best?
Or would I be better just going with a 1060 6gb/RX580?

I play at 1080p and would like Ultra settings and possibly get a windows VR in a few months.

I have major backlog of Steam games but would at least want to be able to run games on high setting for next few years.

The 1070 is more of a 1440p card but it will do 1080p at high frames of course.

For VR though 1070 much better and I always saw the 1060 as a card to avoid if you can afford the 1070.

Your CPU is clinging on so maybe go 1070ti then platform upgrade next time?

The 1070 is more of a 1440p card but it will do 1080p at high frames of course.

For VR though 1070 much better and I always saw the 1060 as a card to avoid if you can afford the 1070.

Your CPU is clinging on so maybe go 1070ti then platform upgrade next time?

Thanks buddy.
6 years ago I knew all the cards and CPU’s. Having come back to my PC after 4 years I had a look at what I would need if I wanted VR after trying it on my Galaxy S6 with the Oculous. Though it overheats after 10mins, but the idea was there still the same.
I had given up on upgrades due to both the headache of having to relearn every cpu and motherboard etc and also thinking I would have to spend over 1k again. However someone at work mentioned his lad had bought a windows headset for around £200 off flea bay so looked into it again.

Now I have been reading like mad for last few days. Though it’s easy to talk yourself to the next step up. So I guess for me it’s either a 1060 6gb and stay away from VR.
Or, without bottlenecking, take a one last swan song and get the best GFX Card I can get without wasting too much on one that I can’t utilise its potential on whilst remaining a little sensible too.

I was thinking 1070, but then saw 1070ti was same price when looking at the MSI card. I had dismissed the RX580 when it looked like the AMD cards use twice the power.
I felt settled on either
1060 6gb with little pain on wallet
1070ti for the £430 mark
1080 off flea bay for same as a 1070ti, however with no warranty and overkill plus people hammering them for mining crypto I dismissed that gamble.
Then I saw for £430ish is close to AMD top card Vega 64.

Unsure of the Vega64 compares to the 1070ti or what the power difference is. Think my PSU is 650w or 850w

So any settling advice on what my dilemma is? 1070ti still best option? Also whichever model. Which brand/card you think. Some say the cheapest as you don’t look at the inside. However I do like the look of the MSI cards

If I was you I would go for the 1070ti with the best warranty.

The 1060 is old news and I wouldn’t enjoy spending money on one.

I love my 1070 and have zero interest in the new cards.

If I was you I would go for the 1070ti with the best warranty.

The 1060 is old news and I wouldn’t enjoy spending money on one.

I love my 1070 and have zero interest in the new cards.

Thanks, I have opportunity for a GTX580 Palit Jetstream for £350, but 2nd hand. £150 of new and tempting. Though I would prefer MSI. So guess it would cost me £60 extra for a less powerful card, but with warranty.

Unsure how risky a 2nd hand card would be. I have never had one fail thus far

/checks today's date.

Have I slipped through a crack in time and ended up back in 2010? :p

Ha ha, I meant 1080 lol. A popular 2nd hand site was giving 10% off Buy it now.
However, I think I will stick around the forums and hold out on the itch a little longer. There’s loads of older games in my Steam backlog that can still run at full with my 7950.
Just with daily pressure, it’s nice to treat yourself now n then. Will try hold on for sales and see how the 2080’s affect the prices.

Back
Top Bottom