• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato

Worth watching this review too and he mentions overclocking the cards and well you will see a very different story to what was said by Jay and guessing Jays oc-ing will be only stable for benchmarks and not everyday stable. The cards are already set to 11 and every other review I'm seeing is stating that and oc-ing is a waste of time with them.

They are not 4080's with a slight less performance as Jay tried to sell in that video. Also digital foundry's review was the typical Nvidia shilling too. Where they all should be saying is poor cards for the price and Nvidia released the supers because of the original failed cards and the supers are really still a fail.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Most pointless video ever. He spends the whole thing just explaining how to overclock a GPU then gives a single FPS result in one game at the end with no comparisons to a 4080.

You know what, I thought the same thing! I posted it thinking ooh lets have some benchmark comparisons, then I watched and it was zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz end of video

Associate
1440p UW does not hold back a 4090.

I have an aw3423dw and a 4090, both since their respective launches and the only way to bottleneck a 4090 at that res is to play esports games on low settings where cpu/mem become a bottleneck.

Last edited:
Associate
1440p UW does not hold back a 4090.

I have an aw3423dw and a 4090, both since their respective launches and the only way to bottleneck a 4090 at that res is to play esports games on low settings where cpu/mem become a bottleneck.
Having 4090 and uw oled monitor I can say that it definitely feels like a good match in my experience. Then again, one can approximate lower end GPUs by lowering power limits of 4090 to achieve similar to shown online benchmarks and just play like that for a while, to get a feeling of how it would be on lower model. The outcome is - in some games there's not a huge difference (especially the ones not stressing GPU as much especially in raster) but in other difference in playing really is big. That way I cured myself from thinking to downgrade to 4070Ti rather quickly. :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
Having 4090 and uw oled monitor I can say that it definitely feels like a good match in my experience. Then again, one can approximate lower end GPUs by lowering power limits of 4090 to achieve similar to shown online benchmarks and just play like that for a while, to get a feeling of how it would be on lower model. The outcome is - in some games there's not a huge difference (especially the ones not stressing GPU as much saved in raster) but in other difference in playing really is big. That way I cured myself from thinking to downgrade to 4070Ti rather quickly. :p

I too have a UW OLED :D and although the 4090 is out of my price range and wouldn't get used as much vs cost. The 4080 super would probably be a lot better! :D

Associate
I too have a UW OLED :D and although the 4090 is out of my price range and wouldn't get used as much vs cost. The 4080 super would probably be a lot better! :D
With the current prices (MSRP of 4080S Vs real prices in stores of 4090) I'd say go for the cheaper, sure. With they initial prices of 4080 Vs 4090 it was a much easier decision to go for 4090 (plus work reasons helped). :) My thinking was now of 4070Ti S (or 7900xt) Vs 4090 but in the end it's like you pay 2x more for 2x more FPS. Scaling often seems very linear.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm playing demanding games on lower res (2560x1080) + FSR-Q/FG mods on my UW with 3070, this allows minimal RT/PT with 100+ fps and not too bad on pixelation. Will hold this way until 5080 out, hopefully a decent chip for £1k

Soldato
Just to chime in on the UW discussion, some would have you believe that a 4090 is overkill for any res lower than 4K but that's simply not the case.

It isn't just Cyberpunk, there are many games now which will stretch a 4090 at 3440x1440 when all the options are enabled. For example both F1 23 and Dying Light 2 average in the 90-110 fps range most of the time with everything dialled up to the max.

Back
Top Bottom