• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVidia 7800gtx - Upgrade ?

Soldato
I currently have a NVidia 7800gtx and it runs ok in most games but is starting to struggle a bit on high settings on battlefield 2. I am looking at playing games like Battlefield 2142 and Crysis when they are released so is it worth upgrading now to something like the 7900 gto or waiting till these games are released.

Thanks, Sam

Associate
If it helps your decision, I had an XFX 7800GTX XXX edition that was getting 8600 marks in 3d05 when both CPU and GPU were overclocked, and the EVGA superclocked 7950 GX2 I have now has got 13,900 at stock but im sure theres more to come from it as my system isnt even running at its best just yet. :)

Soldato
Hyper said:
I currently have a NVidia 7800gtx and it runs ok in most games but is starting to struggle a bit on high settings on battlefield 2. I am looking at playing games like Battlefield 2142 and Crysis when they are released so is it worth upgrading now to something like the 7900 gto or waiting till these games are released.

Thanks, Sam

hmmm 2GB RAM, opty at 2.8ghz and a 780GTX, somethings wrong the 7800GTX is an awesome card, i doubt thats the problem. A 7600gt with 2GB will handle BF2 with everything maxed out :)

Back
Top Bottom