• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

nVidia 7950 GX2s @ OcUK!

Soldato
Bradmax57 said:
Almost clicked proceed with order on a Leadtek one, but something held me back, sure benchmarks will be better but tbh ive yet to find a game i cant max out on my x1900

Oblivion and FEAR are the only games to push the top cards.....

Associate
Muzy said:
its not worth it, too expensive and DX10 cards just around the corner,

Bring on DX10....

LOL @ the guy with £1500 ready, I have £670... by the end of this year its £1300.. thats all I need for next Gen graphics

But DX10 is reliant on Vista, and Vista keeps getting pushed back further and further into 2007 each passing week. Going to be a long wait tbh.

Crytek have already confirmed that all those wonderful shiny videos we've seen of Crysis are DX9, and that DX10 will only add minimal extras along with dual CPU support.

I'm tempted.. Really tempted, but will resist for now.

Last edited:
Caporegime
DX10 cards are just around the corner, but what use are they, Vista and Crysis, waste of money that, if your gona spend £400+ on a card, get one thats got more than 1x game, and an operating System using it, and by that time the first DX10 cards will be old hat, why spend £400+ to use Vista, and play Crysis, then when more DX10 stuff arrives have to fork out another £400+ as the card you bought is old and won't run em well, and has been superseeded by umpteen new cards. :)

If everyone thinks when the first DX10 cards hit were gona be absolutely flooded with wave after wave of DX10 stuff, then im sorry your very much mistaken, were gone be lucky to see 2x DX10 games a year from now.

Last edited:
Soldato
are you having some sort of font size attack?

my only concern with these things is that they look like you'll never get a waterblock for them.. if that was sorted it'd be game on as far as I'm concerned..

that's £200 less than I paid for 7800gtx sli... seems like a no brainer if the drivers etc are fine.

Associate
Bradmax57 said:
Almost clicked proceed with order on a Leadtek one, but something held me back, sure benchmarks will be better but tbh ive yet to find a game i cant max out on my x1900

At 1600x1200 res?

Soldato
What's with the huge font ?

"Do you need to buy 2x 7950 GX2 to make full use of Quad SLi?"

Emm...yes...quad is 4, and the 7950 gx2 only has 2 cores, so you would need 4 cores or 2 7950gx2's for quad sli. However quad sli does not currently work with the 7950 due to driver and motherboard bios limitations. So right now 2x7900gtx's or 2xx1900xt's are faster then a single 7950gx2.

Soldato
Really ? That is something I never considered....Hmmm..that is interesting to say the least. I would need a faster cpu anyway to take advantage of the gains of quad sli and a higher res monitor no doubt.

Oh yeah...did anyone look at the current release schedule for PC games...Prey is delayed till July, Stalker till Xmas, and there does not seem like there are any killer games coming out that will justify quad sli, or sli for that matter :)

Soldato
Flanno said:
Really ? That is something I never considered....Hmmm..that is interesting to say the least. I would need a faster cpu anyway to take advantage of the gains of quad sli and a higher res monitor no doubt.

Oh yeah...did anyone look at the current release schedule for PC games...Prey is delayed till July, Stalker till Xmas, and there does not seem like there are any killer games coming out that will justify quad sli, or sli for that matter :)

yeah the worst thing is (and I imagine this could be sorted with a driver update so it could already be old) if a game hasn't got a quad sli profile, it will drop down to 1 card (ie half of one of your cards) meaning its slower than 1 7900gtx because they are lower clocked... Not sure how that effects 7950s..

Like I said I'm not anti this product, I just downsized from a full tower 7800gtx sli to a shuttle and I have a dell 2405 so I thought this might be excellent for me but the requirement for an sli mobo and lack of space for waterblocks (though I guess that might be addressed.. god knows I've seen some odd waterblocks) along with the iffy drivers have made me nervous.

Also benches just won't show up issues with this product because clearly 3dm06 will have all the neccessary profiles to push all manner of products.. you'll need timedemos to really point out any flaws.

Biggest one for me by a country mile is the requirement for an sli mobo, I'l bet my hamster thats NV pushing sales of their chipsets.

Soldato
it may be a last ditch attempt by nvidia but u all know it will sell! when it can be enabled into Quad SLi mode it will no doubt be very fast indeed!

as i said it seems fast and if someone is trying to choose between a 7900gtx or a 7950gx2 for very high resolution gaming then the up to 30% speed boost on these new cards must be very tempting

Back
Top Bottom