• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
Being told that apparently NVidia have said using third-party 12-pin cables will void the warranty.

Any links or corroboration on this?

their warranty also says that running any software not provided with the card will void the warranty, but I would think they'd have a hard time refusing warranty because you used it to run games

Soldato
I managed to bag an MSI Gaming Trio off a competitor that opened up orders last night by accident, rang them today and apparently it will be fulfilled once stock is in.. so we'll see (don't believe them).

I've just noticed the EVGA FTW3/Ultra cards got listed on OcUK, does anyone know if they plan to open up preorders on these? This is the card I really want...

Also, why do the prices seem much higher here than elsewhere? Is this OcUK price gouging themselves?

Associate
I managed to bag an MSI Gaming Trio off a competitor that opened up orders last night by accident, rang them today and apparently it will be fulfilled once stock is in.. so we'll see (don't believe them).

I've just noticed the EVGA FTW3/Ultra cards got listed on OcUK, does anyone know if they plan to open up preorders on these? This is the card I really want...

Also, why do the prices seem much higher here than elsewhere? Is this OcUK price gouging themselves?

Absolutely.

Associate

Always!

Associate
Yeah another 40 quid gone up on the card I was looking at, so they either haven;t got the stock yet or are raises prices on stock they already have.. not going to win them any fans.

Associate

I guess it's easy pickings when you have a shop owned forum where the users are your paying customers and are talking about buying anyway, regardless of price gouging.

No way I'm paying much over the FE price for a 3080.

Associate
Right...I've decided on the 3090..massively over the top....but I built my dream PC this year and that can be the cherry on the cake....plus I think the 3080's are going to be like Rocking Horse poop.

Soldato
So I take it we don't think this 10GB VRAM is gonna be an issue?

I don't know whether I want an AIB or a FE card.

Or whether I just wait for the dust to settle, get closer to Nov, see what AMD does and then choose something...

Back
Top Bottom