• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
possible 3090/3080 leaked pcb with reported 24gb gdr6x vram

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3090-features-twelve-gddr6x-memory-modules

also the nv link looks different too, not like the 20 series or earlier gpu's, love to see nvida bring back 2,3 or 4 way sli for some truly massive benchmark scores :)

a power hog too look at the pic of the pcb and see 3 8pin pci express power plugs :(

https://videocardz.com/newz/alleged-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3090-pcb-pictured

if the above has already been posted please feel free to flag post for deletion

Last edited:
Soldato
By the end of this year (start of next) gamers will have the choice of buying a console and getting a 4k gaming experience for £1300 (including a TV that will more than likely be far superior to any monitor in the same price bracket) or buying a grapics card for £1300 (the rest of the system and monitor not included). The no brainer choice is to buy a console.

It will and big LOL moment if the consoles as well will be closer to $1000 mark! :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
They have been doing it for a while though. Have you not noticed how a Titan was "only" around £900ish and now is breaking £2000,etc??
Yea and it can only go so far.

This time they have a lot more competition.

They say Ampere is 20% more expensive model for model. The RTX2060 launched at $350/£350 so that means an RTX3060 is going to be over £420?? So that means its around the same price as an RTX2070 Super??

So an RTX3060 is going to almost cost the same as a PS5 on its own?? What about the XBox Series X which has a more powerful GPU?

That is why I can’t see those prices being accurate. I can see the 3070 being around £500 though, especially if it has 16gb vram.

Seems I will be skipping the launch as the 3070 comes in October. Fine by me as I need the card in November anyways. I would go 3080 if it was £600 but looks like they will want £800 for it, so they can keep that.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Y
That is why I can’t see those prices being accurate. I can see the 3070 being around £500 though, especially if it has 16gb vram.

Seems I will be skipping the launch as the 3070 comes in October. Fine by me as I need the card in November anyways. I would go 3080 if it was £600 but looks like they will want £800 for it, so they can keep that.

From what I seen the 3070 will only get 8gb, its pricing is generally about the £450-600 bracket which I cant see them adjusting.

I hope your right though. Maybe consoles will place a direct reminder to the dGPU's what you can get for £500 and make the sheeple realise this is all you should be spending for reasonable quality gaming.

Soldato
Soldato
No wonder Nvidia are so expensive with so many of you umming and ahing over which Nvidia card to go for. They've got a sale from you regardless. Some are even thinking Nvidia card Vs console.

They will never lower their prices with such a loyal fan base.

Competing chip makers do exist but are destined to fail it seems.

Back
Top Bottom