• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
I am intensely unbothered about 4-slot GPUs, though I'm surprised and amused that they only have two slot plates. What caught my eye were the six video outputs: three DP and three HDMI. @GIGA-Man will they all be usable?
My Aorus Xtreme 2080 ti has the same HDMI/DP layout. If I remember rightly, 3 ports are active at a time, requires a reboot to switch.

Caporegime
In my quest to find more info on it I found this absolute monstrosity. Might not want it any more...

Christ almighty, i think it's safe to say these cards are gonna run HOT with the cooling lengths they're going to. Wonder if they come with an anti sag bracket, which in this case would probably need to be a steel girder.

Soldato
Christ almighty, i think it's safe to say these cards are gonna run HOT with the cooling lengths they're going to. Wonder if they come with an anti sag bracket, which in this case would probably need to be a steel girder.

Can you imagine having a 4 slot card and a 5th slot being taken up by a bracket!!

Soldato
Gibbo just posted this update in the main sales thread, so there will be actual stock on 17th but possibly not much...

Hi there

So a little more info for you guys.
It is still early days but on the 17th we will have stock on 3080's, volumes it is still to soon to comment but even if we get 100 or 1000 cards they will sell out quickly, the amount of searches on our webshop for the 3080 is into the thousands.

Also 3090 shall be in stock on 24th also, but again same situation as 3080, the demand is looking to be huge.

Caporegime
Can you imagine having a 4 slot card and a 5th slot being taken up by a bracket!!

Well to be fair it's not as if the slots are being taken up by much else these days :p. But that cooler is a monstrosity to say the least, mounting that thing in standard orientation it's gonna sag like a set of 90 year old 48HH bewbs.

Caporegime
Gibbo just posted this update in the main sales thread, so there will be actual stock on 17th but possibly not much...

I said that when Gibbo said that there would be loads of stock and they "shouldnt" be in short supply. How did he know what the demand would be? I can see demand being bigger than any previous NVidia card and people are going to be waiting for months for these.

Back
Top Bottom