• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
Apparently Nvidia have applied to PCI-SIG to have their silly 12pin connector added to the PCI-E standard, would be pretty lol if PCI-SIG added it to the spec but only rated it for 105w thus instantly making the FE cards out of spec xD

I’m really split between the fe an AIB cards as I never quite know if the nzxt g12 bracket would work on an AIB card.
You actually have a lower chance of it working on an FE card due to the placement of Nvidia's proprietary power connector.

Last edited:
Soldato
He makes no sense. He does have a deliciously punchable face though.

He looks like Kramer form Seinfeld:

maxresdefault.jpg

Associate
This has probably been asked but hard to keep up with the threads. I believe I read that OcUk would open up for 3000 series orders on the 17th at 2pm. Any idea what time Nvidia will open up their website to orders, will it be 2pm also ?

What do you think the likelyhood is being able to get a 3080 on launch day ? Is it just a matter of smashing F5 and praying you can get in quick or have OcUk mentioned anything about stock ?

I've never tried to get a new GPU at launch and hope to get one on release but is it more likely i'll have to wait a few weeks / month ?

Associate
This has probably been asked but hard to keep up with the threads. I believe I read that OcUk would open up for 3000 series orders on the 17th at 2pm. Any idea what time Nvidia will open up their website to orders, will it be 2pm also ?

What do you think the likelyhood is being able to get a 3080 on launch day ? Is it just a matter of smashing F5 and praying you can get in quick or have OcUk mentioned anything about stock ?

I've never tried to get a new GPU at launch and hope to get one on release but is it more likely i'll have to wait a few weeks / month ?
Just have to take your chance. I always find I’m as fast as anyone but people always get ahead of me. Maybe Firefox caching too much :p

I used to be lucky 10+ years ago when there were less people queuing for cards.

Associate
Just have to take your chance. I always find I’m as fast as anyone but people always get ahead of me. Maybe Firefox caching too much :p

I used to be lucky 10+ years ago when there were less people queuing for cards.

Look at it this way, if you don't get one, maybe it's a sign to wait for AMDs 16gb monster apparently, best things come to those who wait and all that.

If them results are true what I saw on twitter from AMDs 22 Rdna the midspec one is apparently quite a bit faster than a 3080 lol.

What a time for a GPU upgrade.

Associate
You got a tldr for those of us who couldn't get past the first couple seconds of that video without punching their screen?
tl;dw (salt shaker required)

• 60% improved perf/w with most of that from architecture, not process

• Not a 512 bit bus

• 128mb of 'infinity cache' to make up for lack of bandwidth

• No HBM on consumer cards

• Clocks speeds up to the 'console level', ie implies 2.3ghz

• 80CUs for top SKU

• 6700 - 3070 level

• 6800 - around 3080

• 6900 - faster than 3080 and may 'nip at the heels' of the 3090

• AMD considered undercutting NV but may price the same

• AMD are 'very competitive, this is not Vega 64'
Edit: Didn't say 256 bit bus, just that it's not 512.

Back
Top Bottom