• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia CEO: ‘We don’t have any magic bullets’ to deal with chip shortage

Associate
They take many years and billions to build, there is more stuff in shortage that go into graphics cards than just the gpu or vram silicone
I do know this and this is the last I will say on this but the supply issue is because the majority of fabs are based in Taiwan and any pressure there COVID, droughts, etc do magnify these events and squeeze the supply issues even more. There needs to be fabs more generally spread around which will cost a lot and take years yes but needs to be done and is being done. Saying there isn’t a magic bullet is a cop out as nvidia could cut sales to miners and make sure that their product ends up in the hands of consumers and not miners or scalpers. Nvidia don’t make wafers though so they can legitimately shrug their shoulders at that I guess.

Man of Honour
It is fortunately for NVidia and AMD that Apple don't produce Graphics cards.

I have be looking at reviews of their latest MacBooks, the ones that use the latest M1 Max chip are absolute beasts in the graphics department.

This is despite them having integrated graphics and shared memory and running in a laptop on a battery.

The writing is on the wall for NVidia, if they don't get their products and pricing right another company will step in and take advantage.

Maybe Intel will once they really get going.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

I have be looking at reviews of their latest MacBooks, the ones that use the latest M1 Max chip are absolute beasts in the graphics department.

This is despite them having integrated graphics and shared memory and running in a laptop on a battery.

The writing is on the wall for NVidia, if they don't get their products and pricing right another company will step in and take advantage.

Can’t see anything changing any time soon unfortunately and as soon as there is more competition prices will go down then. But right now in this market, can’t see it.

Associate

apple are part of the damn problem buying all teh fab space they did.

Back
Top Bottom