• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA - CES 2018

Soldato
Come on, let's get hyped! :D

Happening on Monday January 8th @ 04:00

The last one was full of garbage about self driving cars and the like, but this one must surely be about the next generation of GPU's and shiny new Gsync monitors to be released this year. Why? Just because hype, that's why! :p

Edit to add: Choo-Choo!

Man of Honour
I think there will be some information about next generation GPUs (probably more of a teaser stuck in at the end rather than a full reveal though).

Soldato
OP
Ti-to-Ti m8, you know it makes sense :)

(since when were we sensible though :D)

I'm going from Ti to Titan this time, I'm not wasting my time with the x80 series.

Edit: Just read that post back and it doesn't come across right. What I mean is I'm not buying a x80 just to see the x80Ti get released and then go through the process of switching. I've done that a couple of gens now, and I honestly feel I'd be better with the Titan as it's top performance from the outset.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I would like to see something about the cost and quality control of gsync panels.

I'm not particularly interested in self-driving cars.

I've just bought a GPU so not really fussed about that either.

I think they'll release a completely new product line. Maybe a VR headset or something.

Caporegime
I'm going from Ti to Titan this time, I'm not wasting my time with the x80 series.

Edit: Just read that post back and it doesn't come across right. What I mean is I'm not buying a x80 just to see the x80Ti get released and then go through the process of switching. I've done that a couple of gens now, and I honestly feel I'd be better with the Titan as it's top performance from the outset.

Fair enough dude, if you have the budget it's the best choice :)

Soldato
Each to their own, but you never know when Nvidia will screw you over by releasing a Titan, and then shortly after release a much cheaper and basically as good Ti card.

They should at least offer a couple of different cooler types with Titan cards as well, not just blower style. Not enough choice when the card is very expensive to begin with.

Soldato
Each to their own, but you never know when Nvidia will screw you over by releasing a Titan, and then shortly after release a much cheaper and basically as good Ti card.

IMHO That's the wrong mindset. You know another card is going to be released at some point that's cheaper and better, so you should be asking yourself if the time to that card is going to be long enough for you to get value by paying now.

Soldato
OP

They should at least offer a couple of different cooler types with Titan cards as well, not just blower style. Not enough choice when the card is very expensive to begin with.

I've paid Titan price twice due to the loss on the x80's. I'll also be putting a block on it so the cooler is irrelevant for me.

Back
Top Bottom