• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Fire Shots At AMD’s 7nm Graphics Technology

Caporegime
With the release of the Radeon VII graphics card earlier this year, we got our first glimpse into what the future could hold in regards to 7nm chipset technology.

Admittedly, it wasn’t a particularly exciting look. The Radeon VII was roughly competitive with the upper tiers of the 10XX range of Nvidia cards. The excessive price tag, however, all but killed off any notable enthusiasm for it. We personally liked the card. We just didn’t like the price! – You can, incidentally, check out our review via the link here!

It is, therefore, hardly surprising to hear that the graphics card has hardly been in high demand and, in terms of adoption, is not doing particularly well. These were, however, humble beginnings of what we expect to be a far more exciting offering from AMD in the Summer.

It seems, however, that despite Nvidia being somewhat lagging in terms of their own 7nm development, CEO Jensen Huang is pretty confident that what AMD has isn’t very good. Well, more accurately that what Nvidia has is better and can be even more so.

“We can create the most energy-efficient GPU in the world at anytime”
In a report via PCGamesN, Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang has said:

“What makes us special is we can create the most energy-efficient GPU in the world at anytime. And we should use the most affordable technology. Look at Turing. The energy efficiency is so good even compared to somebody else’s 7nm.”

https://www.eteknix.com/nvidia-fire-shots-at-amds-7nm-graphics-technology/

A very confident Jen Hsun and he doesn't hold back either :D

bru

bru

Soldato
Although he does use a lot of CEO speak most of the time, he not wrong about the energy efficiency thing. AMD are lagging behind In this area and have been for some time. It seems that NVIDIA relaxed their quest for supper power efficiency, or should I say they just stopped pushing quite so hard for it lately.

It is certainly going to be interesting to see what both teams can come up with for 7nm, when we see chips that were designed for it and not just like th shrunk Radeon V11.

Associate
typical Jen Hsen really, **** off the competition but fail to mention that for 1 RTX titan you can buy 4 X VII or for the top tier 2080Ti cards you can nearly buy 2 x VII also forgets to mention the failures of there most efficient turing cores displaying space invaders at any moment.
we all know the 2080ti is faster but will it last! its this kind of nvidia Jen Hsun BS which puts me off buying into the space invader race.

Soldato
:).
I agree to be honest. 7nm is helping make up for lack of advancement hence a very early move to it. NV I think will come along and do 7nm properly when the time is right. As said before though, the AMD GPU is stronger in other non-gaming areas but most buyers will only game.
AMD and NV both have great leaders IMO so should be good times ahead, especially in the case of CPU's when it comes to AMD.

Last edited:
Soldato
Problem for him is we know he is full of ****.

The 20 series was a flop because it's overpriced and unreliable. They are trying to build up hype for it's replacement which is obviously going to be rushed out the door asap.

Last edited:
Soldato
His last troll went down like a lead balloon, I predict this one will too. He'll be butt hurt because of the all the criticism NV is getting on the forums due to hugely over-pricing their garbage 2080ti space invader card with its hopeless new tech...

Soldato
Yea, Nvidia is so awesome on the energy efficient front, that they are bringing same performance at almost same price level as over 2 years ago, and reducing the amount of vram capacity 25% or more while they were at it. A win for the consumers surely? :D

Soldato
Honestly, I wish I had a reason to care about power efficiency. Even looking to convert to a SFF build it seems mostly useless gains. The only other scenario I can see some usefulness is for off the grid setups where you rely on your own energy storage, but even then it's kinda meh.

I understand these efficiency gains are awesome for businesses and large-scale clients, but as an individual? A lot of hype for nothing.

Soldato
Oh look, it's the great impartial Gregster swallowing anything Lord Jenhsun has to say.

Remember when you couldn't care less about power efficiency when you had Fermi GPUs?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Lol.

What a load of rubbish from mr leather jacket man. Until he can price his cards properly, he can keep his mouth closed. He can come out and gloat once he releases a card with great price for performance imo.

Caporegime
OP
Unsurprised to see a couple take it personally and have a pop at me :D :D I was more interested in the fact that NVidia can release 7nm that blows everything away currently and do it far more efficiently than the competition. Hopefully 7nm NVidia GPUs soon. A wallet killer for sure I expect though :(

Soldato
To be fair Gregster, you do it to get the wrong reaction from people, let's not beat around the bush.

As for the article you copied and pasted. I don't believe a word of what he says in all honesty until the 'current gen' is working properly for the money it demands. I think he talks a load of BS most of the time though, he needs to back up such statements. Best get that second mortgage folks.

Soldato
Unsurprised to see a couple take it personally and have a pop at me :D :D I was more interested in the fact that NVidia can release 7nm that blows everything away currently and do it far more efficiently than the competition. Hopefully 7nm NVidia GPUs soon. A wallet killer for sure I expect though :(
There's no way even you believe your own crap.

Back
Top Bottom