• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Forceware Drivers 300.99 W7-64 bit only for now (GTX680 drivers but can be modded for other N

Soldato
OP
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=225583&view=findpost&p=1386584

As expected the 500 & 400 series will not get official drivers until April but then we get most of the new non Kepler features anyway. So tinker away on these for now at your own risk ;)

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=225583&view=findpost&p=1386584

"FXAA, Adaptive VSYNC, and many of the Surround enhancements will be made available for Fermi-based products in the upcoming UDA driver.

GPU Boost and TXAA are Kepler specific. "

Soldato
Wasn't FXAA available for Nvidia cards for quite some time now?

I know developers started implementing it in games a year ago or so and people could enable it in other titles as well by copying some libraries to games' folders.

I thought it was a standard feature of Nvidia cards by now? :confused:

Also, isn't TXAA likely to be Kepler specific as that's supposedly a new algorithm, etc. or is it just a new iteration of already known anti-aliasing methods that can be improved on and enabled for Fermi cards? It would be a shame if there was no way to force it on my GTX 580 as it sound like a really promising feature. :(

What is GPU Boost? I thought Adaptative Vsync was meant to up the clocks accordingly whenever the framerates dropped below a threshold and drop them when the frames were hitting above the refresh rate. Am I confusing two different features?

Soldato
FXAA within the driver has been hit or miss for the most part. It also required NV inspector to set various flags correctly.

FXAA in games is relatively easy to implement and something all devs should be doing.

FXAA forced by the driver or using the d3d injector method often leads to a blurry user interface since the driver has no clue about the correct render order.

TXAA can probably be made to run on all current cards but could possibly be very slow.

GPU Boost increases the clock speed of the whole card when running a demanding application. It's a similar idea to Intel's Turbo Boost but probably uses more metrics to evaluate when to turn it on.

Adaptive Vsync just means: FPS above target frame rate? Vsync is on. FPS Below target frame rate? Vsync is off. The issue of mouse lag constantly changing the feel of your games could make it feel horrible.

Back
Top Bottom