• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 3GB Launched

Caporegime
It’s no longer a rumor. NVIDIA officially adds GeForce GTX 1050 3GB to their lineup. This means that the 3GB variant is not Asia-exclusive – otherwise it wouldn’t be listed like 1060 5GB wasn’t.

The GTX 1050 3GB has the same CUDA core count as GTX 1050 Ti, which is 768. Surprisingly, this card has 102 MHz higher base clock and 126 MHz higher boost clock than the Ti model. In other words, this card has higher theoretical computing power.

The biggest change can be seen in memory configuration. The GTX 1050 2GB has never been a good choice for 1080p gaming with higher textures. Such frame buffer is simply insufficient. The GTX 1050 3GB should become an interesting alternative here.

With 3GB GDDR5 memory on board and 96-bit memory bus, you can expect up to 84 GB/s of bandwidth. But who is this card for? Definitely casual gamers with a budget in mind. It should provide playable experience in most MMO games, not necessarily in more demanding titles (unless image quality is not important to you).

Question is, is this the last GeForce GTX 10 series graphics card before we get the taste of next-gen architecture?

NVIDIA-_Ge_Force-_GTX-1050-_Specifications-e1526900918285-1000x502.png

https://videocardz.com/76245/nvidia-launches-geforce-gtx-1050-3gb-768-cudas-with-96-bit-bus

Associate
At least consumers will know exactly what they are getting as there couldn't possibly be any confusion with all the different versions of the same cards :D

When does the 3.5GB GDDR4 version arrive :p

bru

bru

Soldato
If it was going to replace the 2GB 1050 then I wouldn't have a problem with it, but we all know that probably isn't going to happen.;)

They made the problem right at the beginning by not using the 1040 1045 1055 etc, they could have had plenty of room to squeeze in more lines but now we have 3 1050's two 1060's etc, they made this problem them selves.

Soldato
At least consumers will know exactly what they are getting as there couldn't possibly be any confusion with all the different versions of the same cards :D

When does the 3.5GB GDDR4 version arrive :p
Nvidia has improved from their false-advertising (GTX970- 3.5GB at 224-bit memory bus plus 0.5GB at 32-bit memory bus as 4GB at 256-bit bus) to misleading advertising (1060- calling two different cards the same model name) :D

Soldato
I was about to say, but wait, it looks more like the 1050ti than the 1050, then I noticed the memory interface is crippled.

What the ....

Reviews will be as interesting as the line up messy :p

This all being said, if the memory bus isn't crippling, I'd be interested in this if they release a low profile version for my HTPC, the memory may not be a major issue at 1080p for light gaming, and the core being essentially a slightly faster 1050TI may outweigh the slower memory; and make it faster than the 2GB card overall.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Soldato
Sound reasoning why Nvidia are doing this. Memory chips harder to source for the 2Gb part, do the 3gb version William be faster, 50% more memory and the same price. The 2gb will stop veinb sold

While Nvidias naming for Pascal is stupid, and crippled DDR4 cards are shameful, this particular product seems perfectly reasonable

I don't think it is such a bad SKU,the extra VRAM might actually make it last a bit longer overall. No doubt some games which like bandwidth might be a bit slower,but if a game likes VRAM,like ROTR,you can see a decent jump in performance.

Back
Top Bottom