• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Can Be Flashed To GeForce GTX 770.

Soldato
Hmm I hope nvidia don't screw their fan base over with pricing of this. Given its essentially a 680, which in turn still sits in that performance bracket between the 7970 & 7950 (even behind the 7950 at higher resolution). They'd surely be completely mad to price this around current 680 pricing?

Its not even like nvidia are big fans of price drops either :(

Soldato
Completely fail if they price it at £400, and then the 770ti AKA 670 at £300, I mean what is the point of these cards? 15 months on and this what they give us? re-badged 256 bit 2GB GPU's built on the cheap but priced higher than the better performing and higher spec AMD equivalents released in JAN 2012.

Will still get positive reviews even if it's tech from over a year a go and priced the same, 99% of reviewers are in Nvidia's pocket.

bru

bru

Soldato
Completely fail if they price it at £400, and then the 770ti AKA 670 at £300, I mean what is the point of these cards? 15 months on and this what they give us?

The same as in the other thread, the 670 was released on may 10 and the 680 march 22 so it is only 12months for the 670, 13 months for the 680.

Caporegime
All it comes down to now is price. If the 770 is ~£300 or even less then they will be on to a winner. If it is £400, then it is totally pointless.

Caporegime
Even if it were possible it seems frivolous given that any differences are hardware based, what's the use in having a GTX680 labelled as a GTX770 when it lacks the differentiating features?

Caporegime
I read this thread when I got in from work last night and took it with a pinch of salt. After re-reading it this morning, it makes no sense why Nvidia would allow this and they are smart enough (one would think) to not slip up like this. It sounds more feasible that it is an altered Inf file and not a 770 BIOS at all.

Soldato
I read this thread when I got in from work last night and took it with a pinch of salt. After re-reading it this morning, it makes no sense why Nvidia would allow this and they are smart enough (one would think) to not slip up like this. It sounds more feasible that it is an altered Inf file and not a 770 BIOS at all.

this happens every time a new card is released - bios shots or 3dmark results showing [insert new card] which are then shown to be fake within a couple of days - does a great job of directing traffic to whatever advert laden website posts them though

Caporegime
this happens every time a new card is released - bios shots or 3dmark results showing [insert new card] which are then shown to be fake within a couple of days - does a great job of directing traffic to whatever advert laden website posts them though

Very true. All the years I have seen supposed specs/Pics of actual cards/scores/ and they all prove to be attention seekers.

Associate
So this is the Kepler-fication of Kepler? In that case, I don't think its going to work as well as the 500 to 600 series jump did, but more importantly it leaves the market wide open for AMD's next GPU.

Soldato
Looks like 600 to 700 will offer a smaller jump than 400 to 500 series did (gimped Titan excluded). At least NVidia activated some extra shaders and made GPU refinements when jumping from GTX470/480 to 570/580. The 700 re brands appear to offer nothing new. Why not just released gimped-Titan as a GTX685? It makes little sense the "old" GTX690 being much faster than the "new" GTX780.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom