• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 TI SUB £900 & INCLUDES COD: MODERN WARFARE !!!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
£699 and not a penny more imo and that's for one with a good cooler on it by the way.

Titan = Release earlier and milk hard.
xx80 Ti = $699
xx80 = $499
xx70 = $349

That is the price points that they should be hitting! Current pricing is ludicrous imo.

Associate
The issue for me is at £900 you go into premium territory for a gpu but this blower has bad reviews. Reviews state this card runs hot and loud and during 4k gaming quickly hits 88c and down throttles to base 1200mhz.

Considering the base is 1350mhz and they can with a boost go to 2000mhz who put a blower on a 2080ti and why for the love of god at £900?

A very good point.

Associate
£699 and not a penny more imo and that's for one with a good cooler on it by the way.

xx80 Ti = $699
xx80 = $499
xx70 = $349

That is the price points that they should be hitting! Current pricing is ludicrous imo.

And would you like a £100 28-core 8GHz chip to power that magical unicorn PC?

Seriously, and unfortunately, we're stuck where we are until someone can actually compete with NVidia at the top end.

ljt

ljt

Soldato

Seriously, and unfortunately, we're stuck where we are until someone can actually compete with NVidia at the top end.

Those were the tiers for pretty much previous few generations (i.e. 780ti, 980ti, 1080ti were all around $699), even when AMD didn't have a competitor to the top end sku's. It's only really this generation that Nvidia have screwed with the pricing structure.

Associate

xx80 Ti = $699
xx80 = $499
xx70 = $349

Those were the tiers for pretty much previous few generations (i.e. 780ti, 980ti, 1080ti were all around $699), even when AMD didn't have a competitor to the top end sku's. It's only really this generation that Nvidia have screwed with the pricing structure.

Have to agree with both these points.

I know some that have jumped ship to console, refuse to update or are just completely done with the PC Platform altogether due to the overpriced GPUs.

Seriously, 4 figures for a high end GPU, mid-tier now at 400/500 GBP. Enough is enough. Before the **** hit the fan with pricing, Ti version of cards could be had for 600/650 GBP at one point (which were already overpriced even at that price). The top gaming card of each gen should not go above 500/600 GBP max.

Now it's double that figure and for what? There is zero value to be had here in this segment. All just to play souped-up console ports with a bit of dressing on top? Only a lunatic would be happy with the way pricing is today and personally i won't entertain such lunacy pricing schemes from Nvidia (or AMD).

I'm amazed some on here actually defend the prices, as if Nvidia are now doing the customer a favour, like we should be thankful. Madness.

If prices keep going up and the customer keeps on being taken for a fool, at what point do you stop investing in the platform and jump ship? I've already stopped buying many PC games and won't be upgrading my GPU as a result of the present ponzi scheme going on.

I'm waiting until next year to see how it all turns out.

Last edited:
Soldato
Have to agree with both these points.

I know some that have jumped ship to console, refuse to update or are just completely done with the PC Platform altogether due to the overpriced GPUs.

Seriously, 4 figures for a high end GPU, mid-tier now at 400/500 GBP. Enough is enough. Before the **** hit the fan with pricing, Ti version of cards could be had for 600/650 GBP at one point (which were already overpriced even at that price). The top gaming card of each gen should not go above 500/600 GBP max.

Now it's double that figure and for what? There is zero value to be had here in this segment. All just to play souped-up console ports with a bit of dressing on top? Only a lunatic would be happy with the way pricing is today and personally i won't entertain such lunacy pricing schemes from Nvidia (or AMD).

I'm amazed some on here actually defend the prices, as if Nvidia are now doing the customer a favour, like we should be thankful. Madness.

If prices keep going up and the customer keeps on being taken for a fool, at what point do you stop investing in the platform and jump ship? I've already stopped buying many PC games and won't be upgrading my GPU as a result of the present ponzi scheme going on.

I'm waiting until next year to see how it all turns out.

Well said.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Exactly. Don't get posts like his.

Associate
Next wave of consoles will kill pc gaming with those ridiculous prices for gpu, you can now buy freesync/gsync 50inch tv etc plus new consoles will support 4k60fps. So that's why we see GPUs prices so high as they trying to milk as many ppl as they can before theyll have warehouses full of paperweights.

Associate

A 780Ti at £699 launched in 2013 would now be around £800 purely due to inflation. Sure, this has then gone up another 25% or so, which is a lot, I'm not saying they're reasonable, but put it into perspective. There was a similar jump from the 480/580/680 to the ones you mentioned. A 2080 Super is, inflation adjusted, cheaper than that 780 Ti.

Couple that with the fact the £:$ ratio is so much worse these days... yeah these are expensive cards, no dispute, but time moves on, money devalues and exchange rates change. It's not *just* that we're getting gouged by Nvidia.

Permabanned
If it's the same board as reference then it would be the best option if you were to watercool it.

Reference and founders are different right? This is the lowest binned chips on the most basic pcb. So if you watercool this you might get a deal? Obviously WC adds cost but if you own a loop sure but what about the warranty? It will be void you really want a void warranty on a card known to have memory issues?

Why it is not unheard of for cards to fail and come back with Samsung replacing thr failed micron. Tjats the real deal killer £900 gambling no thankyou its a bad deal. The only value you might of got was to remove the plastic shroud and cable tie fans to the heatsink but as i said the warranty will be instantly void.

Soldato
I would definitely not use it with the blower cooler alone, but if the price keeps dropping it makes it appealing to add an AIO to it. Yeah, it's +£100-150 but it's reusable and ultimately there's a near that price difference between various air cooler models as well. One great thing about the 2080ti is that with such a mammoth die it makes it a best case for AIO. My only reservation is that it's so late in the game for it - with next-gen just around the corner; but then when was the 2080ti near MSRP anyway? Tbh I'm just glad RTX has been underdelivering so far - saved me a lot of money. Control almost got me but in the end it kinda fell apart as a game and I've been spending all my time loving AA titles which really don't use such frills (Greedfall & The Surge 2). Go figure. There's no substitute for great gameplay.

Soldato
Ill be honest if i would've needed to pay for my card..... nah i would have never bought a 2080TI in a million years at these prices

Considering i paid nothing for it... totally worth it. lol

Back
Top Bottom