• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti, the flagship reinvented

Soldato
A6000, was that what used to be the Quadro series back in its day? I see it's £4,559 for it. Consumer cards are fast catching up to workstation cards.

Yup Quadro branding is dead, the new line of "Quadro" cards are now called A-Series. Sorry just saw that reply.

Soldato
Anyone noticed that they only did a 10-15 sec blurb on the 3090ti in their ces2022 press video?
Kinda strange to me they talked more about the 3050 then the 3090ti. Or any other product/service for that matter.

Associate
I can't help but think that the main reason to launch the 3090ti is so that NV can compare it against their next gen cards when the time comes, to make the price/performance look better rather than worse.
Prophecy for next launch.
"3090ti performance at only $700, that's a saving of over $1300. The more you buy, the more you save"- leather jacket man

Soldato
Maybe a paper launch - with only really say 10-100 being sold just to make it look like they are doing something.
Perhaps no real launch at all is my guess. They down played that 3090ti pretty speciously. No leather jacket. No separate presentation. No talking points. Just a quick presentation of the card. I do wonder if there were any wood screws involved...

Associate
Why should you give a ****? Just let them get on with it and sit back & watch the show!
because they are taking the wafer supply to feed a new product at the top whilst not even trying to fore fill orders and demand at the middle, it would be much less of an issue if all tiers were being catered for but they are not. Its just another example of Nvidia abusing its market dominant position which isn't a good thing for anyone on the consumer side.

Soldato
I can't help but think that the main reason to launch the 3090ti is so that NV can compare it against their next gen cards when the time comes, to make the price/performance look better rather than worse.
Prophecy for next launch.
"3090ti performance at only $700, that's a saving of over $1300. The more you buy, the more you save"- leather jacket man

MLID says the 3090ti is because Nvidia is not happy that some reviewers are using the 6900xt for reviews and it wants to make sure the 3090ti is then performance leader in every game on every setting to make sure reviews use Nvidia GPUs in their reviews

Last edited:
Man of Honour
MLID says the 3090ti is because Nvidia is not happy that some reviewers are using the 6900xt for reviews and it wants to make sure the 3090ti is then performance leader in every game on every setting to make sure reviews use Nvidia GPUs in their reviews

The 6900X is so far ahead in some benches there is no way the 3090 Ti is going to change that.

There are even AMD cards at the top of the Heaven 4 bench on these forums, this has been NVidia's home ground for years.

The 3090 Ti may make up some ground but it is not going to be enough to beat the 6900X at everything.

Back
Top Bottom