• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti, the flagship reinvented

Associate
If you said to someone 10 years ago, that in 2022 you'd be getting people buying an AC unit just to cool a graphics card, they would laugh at you. Yet here we are now today.

Today we can say that in the future you'll need a dedicated PSU JUST for your graphics card and we'd laugh about it....yet I can see this becoming true in the future!

What's the world coming to! Crazy.

3dfx had an external PSU IIRC.

Associate
Just watched a few YT videos of the just released Matrix Awakens demo running on 3090's. Not sure if one of the rich folk around here who buy a 3090Ti would care to give it a shot? Yeah, I know it's not going to much faster, but I'd be interested in feedback; seems to hit ~40-45 fps on average from what I've seen, although that is people running it inside the editor. Not sure if a "compiled" version could hit 60fps? Would be nice to now.

That demo is the first thing I've seen that even remotely justifies next-gen graphics cards. :eek:

Associate
Just watched a few YT videos of the just released Matrix Awakens demo running on 3090's. Not sure if one of the rich folk around here who buy a 3090Ti would care to give it a shot? Yeah, I know it's not going to much faster, but I'd be interested in feedback; seems to hit ~40-45 fps on average from what I've seen, although that is people running it inside the editor. Not sure if a "compiled" version could hit 60fps? Would be nice to now.

That demo is the first thing I've seen that even remotely justifies next-gen graphics cards. :eek:

I tried to run it but it just keeps crashing. One of the peeps suggested turning off MSI afterburner but still no dice. Gonna give it another bash as I thought it looked amazing and wanted to see it without youtube encoding degradation.

How do I acutally get this run. I don't have a clue about Unreal5. When I load the city sample project in it gives the spec requirements then what do I do or click to actually get me inside the city sample???

Last edited:
Soldato
I tried to run it but it just keeps crashing. One of the peeps suggested turning off MSI afterburner but still no dice. Gonna give it another bash as I thought it looked amazing and wanted to see it without youtube encoding degradation.

How do I acutally get this run. I don't have a clue about Unreal5. When I load the city sample project in it gives the spec requirements then what do I do or click to actually get me inside the city sample???

Just use the compiled version of the demo here :- https://1fichier.com/?1fu6zlk1tab6pmm2geqh

Smaller to download too and runs faster than inside the Unreal5 editor and uses less RAM, maybe you don't have enough RAM as they recommend 64GB RAM to run it, some have run it on 32GB but they must have had their pagefile on auto and not altered or set to off.

Last edited:
Associate
Yet you failed to mention how your own short-sighted Government caved in under pressure from the fossil-fuel industry and is removing solar panel subsidies by 2030 (in fact, was initially going to be 2021..) ;)

Well nobody asked but since you bring it up - yep.

But it's not just caving to the FF industry it's also about saving the government from handing (our own money) back to us.

Associate
What happens when you take a part which is clocked way past the process's perf/watt sweetpoint and underclock it?

Well Igor took a 3090Ti and set it to "just" 300W:
https://www.igorslab.de/en/cooler-b...cy-list-on-its-head-and-beats-the-radeons/12/

dPXHZ3N.png
I mean it is no big surprise that underclocking gets a far more efficient card, but it's nice to see a reviewer doing this.

If value for money was not important, I'd be tempted to take a top-end card like the 3090Ti or 6900XT and downclock and undervolt it massively. A cooler designed for 400W+ running at under 300W etc., should be nice and quiet too. Of course these 400W+ coolers aren't small so even if clocked down to 200W, they probably won't fit in a small ITX case.

Permabanned
What happens when you take a part which is clocked way past the process's perf/watt sweetpoint and underclock it?

Well Igor took a 3090Ti and set it to "just" 300W:
https://www.igorslab.de/en/cooler-b...cy-list-on-its-head-and-beats-the-radeons/12/

dPXHZ3N.png
I mean it is no big surprise that underclocking gets a far more efficient card, but it's nice to see a reviewer doing this.

If value for money was not important, I'd be tempted to take a top-end card like the 3090Ti or 6900XT and downclock and undervolt it massively. A cooler designed for 400W+ running at under 300W etc., should be nice and quiet too. Of course these 400W+ coolers aren't small so even if clocked down to 200W, they probably won't fit in a small ITX case.

Good to see someone with a brain looking at these cards. I keep my 12900k crippled at 125W PL2 and my 3080 resticted to 300W with the result being that my system runs silent under the desk with air cooling, without any noticeable performance loss. I'll be happy if I can add a 4080 or RDNA3 card at the same 300W when they become available.

Associate
Just use the compiled version of the demo here :- https://1fichier.com/?1fu6zlk1tab6pmm2geqh

Smaller to download too and runs faster than inside the Unreal5 editor and uses less RAM, maybe you don't have enough RAM as they recommend 64GB RAM to run it, some have run it on 32GB but they must have had their pagefile on auto and not altered or set to off.

Thanks for this. So I have had a quick play with it. Is it locked to one res? The reason I ask is if I didn't know any better it looks like 1080p. I tried the menu setting but I couldn;t find an option to change res.

Soldato
Thanks for this. So I have had a quick play with it. Is it locked to one res? The reason I ask is if I didn't know any better it looks like 1080p. I tried the menu setting but I couldn;t find an option to change res.

Last time I used it quickly was it seems to set your native resolution you have set on the desktop I think. I will reinstall it and have more of a play, I just wanted to check how it behaved versus the editor none compiled version and it was a lot better than running in the editor on machines with less than 64GB RAM.

Soldato

Matrix Awakens Demo compiled with new Unreal Engine 5.1​

Someone compiled the Matrix Demo with the latest Unreal Engine 5.1 main branch on Github. UE5.1 offers significant improvements such as inclusion of transparent reflections on glass, performance improvements and the integration of DX12 Ultimate.

It runs significantly better in my test compared to the builds before. It also includes a settings menu and DLSS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz-Emj7k1Uc
Note: You need a DX12 Ultimate capable GPU to run it (RTX 2000, RTX 3000 and RX 6000 series)

Newer compiled version here :- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eQ_Oav8pxMJ-55qwwyRurjS_dyKgFGqZ/view?usp=sharing

FIX for Google Drive "Download quota exceeded for this file" 1 - Create a folder on your GDrive, leave it empty 2 - click on the link and select "add shortcut to GDrive", then select the folder you've created 3 - go to your GDrive page and right click the "Folder" your created and select "download" Important: DO NOT right click on the "File" to download, instead right click on the "Folder" you created to download.

If you have no folder when you add the shortcut to you GDrive (google drive), create any folder and move the shortcut to it and download the folder not the file and it will download without errors of too many downloaders or exceeded quota.

UE 5.1 City Sample Download | 1st P. | DLSS | Graphic Menu | Cinematic | Vehicles​

Has a menu to change settings now too as you will see from above video.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom