• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Depending on price I hope they are something special would be great to see nvidia give it’s customers a good FPS boost in there game with rtx on .

well it should have 2nd generation of their rt cores so id hope for a doubling of performance when it comes to raying traces, but DONT expect that to mean a doubling of fps though. but id hope a 2080ti equivalent card with rtx on should get a nice boost. thats if nvidia dont gimp them to be just as powerful as the 2080ti just less power hungry with the newer cores being more efficient, just got to see what they pull at launch.

Soldato
Ok just spitballing here, if the 8192 cuda core count for the top chip is correct, then even though that is for the HPC compute part, it gives us a starting point.
So the Ampere Titan would be a few cores down on that, and the **70 just over half, if they follow similar patterns to what they have done before.
So we could be looking at a **70 card with 4000+ish cores plus any architectural improvements.
That could be a good bit faster than the currant RTX Titan.

I do get the feeling that potential competition form AMD will make NVidia push the boat out. This next wave of cards are going to be a bit special I reckon.

I certainly hope so no matter what brand a person prefers. Would be nice if we could get previous flag ship performance in a xx60 type card, though I doubt it's going to happen. Would love to be proven wrong however.

Associate
Iam looking at totally upgrading my PC soon and was looking at a 2070S. Thinking now it makes sense to wait for these new cards. There's always new tech on the horizon I know with pc's but think I should wait now.

Associate
Thanks for link but it's just 5 pages of people asking the same question I am with no solution.

Exactly , its one of the reasons i bought the Lg over the samsung , samsung seem not to bother fixing or updating anything unless its just to deliver more adverts , a friend of mine has a qled ks7000 and he still has all sorts of firmware related bugs and samsung have done literally nothing about it

Soldato
Exactly , its one of the reasons i bought the Lg over the samsung , samsung seem not to bother fixing or updating anything unless its just to deliver more adverts , a friend of mine has a qled ks7000 and he still has all sorts of firmware related bugs and samsung have done literally nothing about it

I can't really blame samsung for the freesync not working with my gtx 1080.
For years its been nvidia trying to lock people into using only gsync monitors.

Nvidia could have probably enabled it years ago on my tv but didn't because of the partnership with LG oled and the big advertising campaign and fake news stories making out that Nvidia/lg had invented something new but in reality samsung with AMD cards had had it on the big tvs for years.

If AMD had a card powerful enough to run it then it wouldn't be an issue.

Also AMD black screen issues are making me wanna stay with Nvidia.

Im hoping to stay with Nvidia next gen.

Caporegime
I really suspect this has been asked before but I can't find it easily.
Do we think Coronavirus (as it stands now) will delay release of new GPUs?
Yes. And we're not even in peak Coronavirus yet. It's going to get much worse before it gets better.

China can't quarantine itself forever, and it looks like it's going to run rampant in the US and the EU, meaning unless China stops all foreign travellers entering their country, they will simply be infected by US/EU/other travellers coming into their country.

Not only is stuff going to be delayed but the prices will go up too. Lose/lose this time.

Soldato
Not only is stuff going to be delayed but the prices will go up too. Lose/lose this time.

They will read comments like this and probably still increase prices irrespective of the impact of covid19! :p

Remember all the nerds saying how the new GPUs 4 years ago cost more to make,so prices HAD to rise - you might want to look at Nvidia gross and net margins over the last 4 years,even without mining sales. They would make Intel and Apple look enviously back at them,ie,any cost increases have been swamped by the price increases,which enthusiasts seem to think we NEED to pay.

If any of these companies want to increase prices,good for them(as I won't pay them unless they offer massive improvements and then I will keep the card longer),and if things are going to be that bad with covid19,people should probably hold onto their money for more important things IMHO!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
They will read comments like this and probably still increase prices irrespective of the impact of covid19! :p

Remember all the nerds saying how the new GPUs 4 years ago cost more to make,so prices HAD to rise - you might want to look at Nvidia gross and net margins over the last 4 years,even without mining sales. They would make Intel and Apple look enviously back at them,ie,any cost increases have been swamped by the price increases,which enthusiasts seem to think we NEED to pay.

If any of these companies want to increase prices,good for them(as I won't pay them unless they offer massive improvements and then I will keep the card longer),and if things are going to be that bad with covid19,people should probably hold onto their money for more important things IMHO!
D.P. will magically appear shortly to tell us all that Nvidia have no increased their profits at all :p

Back
Top Bottom