• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Permabanned
I would love an OLED monitor and I am sure the motion would be better than LCD at lower HZ/FPS which it would due to it being 4K due to panel limitations (but they are getting the HZ up there) and GPU grunt.

I am sure I asked Vega here why he ditched the Dell OLED Monitor (the one that was pulled due to bad QA), he said it was 60HZ.

It is hard to compare in the short term going from a monitor to a TV as of the WOW factor due to size, I did this on the 55" OLED and a 1080p PJ (2013) at 110-120", primary got for movies not gaming.

Permabanned
So did CRT/Plasma and LCD's can get image retention (esp IPS).

You are opening a can of worms as there are ways to mitigate this and always have been, one being common sense.

Soldato
So did CRT/Plasma and LCD's can get image retention (esp IPS).

You are opening a can of worms as there are ways to mitigate this and always have been, one being common sense.

it happens much faster on oled than plasma and crt and lcd is the slowest of them all.
I know someone who used oled as monitor and had screen burn after just few weeks and it did not go away. It was slight burn but got worse over time. You also have panel lottery to contend with, some panels will burn in much faster than others.

I appreciate the screen saver argument but I do lots of mathematical programming and data analysis and have my application open continuous for few hours on end in those usage circumstances you will experience burn in. In light usage maybe not but its definitely not a work monitor.

Last edited:
Soldato
You can minimise the burn in issue. Just have a black desktop, screen saver to kick in after a couple minutes. I only use my main screen for gaming, this is typed on my laptop so I'd be all over an OLED screen if they released one that was a sensible size for sitting 2ft away. 40 inch 4k 120hz OLED take my money!

Soldato
Sure, only towards people like you that cannot read/grasp others (who post in the same said tone/manner) have different opinions and until now I had never even seen you period but I can fix that for the future...

If and a big if we had some better then LCD crap tech we may not need high HZ/FPS as on CRT 60FPS was the goal and looked fine and the HZ would have been at least 85HZ for me on my higher end models

Higher again on my FW900 dependant on RES which again was dependent on the power of each current Flagship GPU at that time.

Coming from CRT/Plasma the motion is laggy on LCD as their pixels are slower by nature and even OLED does not look as natural as CRT/Plasma (yes I had the very 1st Gen LG OLED).

There are more them myself in this thread to have stated we prefer 1440p for X reasons for now and in countless other threads so you and the couple of others above are going to have a busy time going round and posting in them all but I advise you read the posts fully before having a go at others.

you can still game at 1440p and even 21:9 on an OLED, no reason to put up with crappy lcd monitors. You should try CRT, the old guy at digital foundry thinks 480p CRT TVs are the best screens lmao

Permabanned
It is scaled and I did try CRT if you actually read above I owned a few higher end CRT's inc the FW900 and sionvce when its the said monitor 480p?

1280x800
1600x1000
1680x1050
1760x1100
1840x1150
1920x1200
2048x1280
2304x1440 (Max resolution listed in the FW900 product datasheet)

I gamed at 1920x1200 @ 96HZ OC'd (official 85HZ) or if GPU had the grunt 2304x1440 @ 80HZ

Show me a 27-32" (I could go 34-35")" OLED monitor please!

Soldato
You prefer 4K I do not for now so you are the one being ignorant towards others opinion so Touche.

Actually, I find that different games play better on different monitors. Driving games, for instance, play much better on my 3440x1440 monitor. And I have said so in the past.

So please rein in your arrogant ignorant attitude.

Permabanned
Mhm not many options for midget screens that small, smallest OLED screens can be found in laptops.

Someone asked in another thread, I inputed that there was the now canned Dell OLED that the user Vega bought, then that weird portable Asus 21.6" OLED and now soon some 48" OLED TV's

The laptops and phones are AMOLED and since when is 27-34" etc midget, they are the ideal size for most peoples distance from their screens.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...-out-between-32-to-36.18875350/#post-33276991

Last edited:
Permabanned
Actually, I find that different games play better on different monitors. Driving games, for instance, play much better on my 3440x1440 monitor. And I have said so in the past.

So please rein in your arrogant ignorant attitude.

I was reading your 1st sentence and thinking ok I know its good for driving game games and flight sims same as triple screens were (I had this set up once) but your second sentence took the biscuit (pot calling the kettle black), as you and the couple of others who do not accept my (and a few other's) opinion is IGNORANT as unlike you I have not had a go at anyone for being on 4K so again Touche.

I am not going to even bother with you from now on and will not even see your posts.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It IS your opinion as you obviously did not read or are incapable of reading the above posts.

Obviously I would be on 4K if I could run it at MAX settings and higher refresh like 144HZ/FPS, I have already stated that but for now I cannot so that is that till 3000/4000 series.
Lol. What are you on about? Take a chill pill bro.

Where did monitor boner go? :D

Caporegime
OP
Didn't we have the same info for Turing last time around and it ended up being September? Mountain of salt needed!

Got mine

news-1439796974.jpg

:p

Back
Top Bottom