• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA PRICE DROP: GTX 780 & 770 MASSIVE PRICE DROP!! **

OcUK Staff
OP
We will see, I know another site that has the Pny GTX 780 for bang on £400 and that's 1GHz+ with stock.

Sadly I can't find any reviews for that card.

But so do we with the Inno3D which has the amazing X3 cooler!

Also PNY no thank you, most un-exciting brand ever who never won an overclocking award in their lives.

Shall stick to a card with a decent overclocking reputation and winner of awards thank you. :)

Associate
Gibbo I'd like to know your (and other peoples) genuine opinion on if it's worth still buying 2GB nvidia graphics cards (for use with a single 1080p screen) rather than 4GB editions. I know this might be a strange question for you to answer or even you won't want to answer it as you are actually selling these things which is fair enough. The 2GB 770's at great prices but I don't know if I should spend so much on a 2GB card as games start requiring more. I don't want to spend over £300 I think so for me personally right now it comes down to a 2GB 770 or a 3GB 280x (unless the 4GB 770 prices drop a bit again). Basically, would you go for a 4GB instead if you could afford or would you not see the need to?

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Gibbo I'd like to know your (and other peoples) genuine opinion on if it's worth still buying 2GB nvidia graphics cards (for use with a single 1080p screen) rather than 4GB editions. I know this might be a strange question for you to answer or even you won't want to answer it as you are actually selling these things which is fair enough. The 2GB 770's at great prices but I don't know if I should spend so much on a 2GB card as games start requiring more. I don't want to spend over £300 I think so for me personally right now it comes down to a 2GB 770 or a 3GB 280x (unless the 4GB 770 prices drop a bit again). Basically, would you go for a 4GB instead if you could afford or would you not see the need to?

Hi there

1080P I believe very few games utilise more than 2GB of RAM, but I do believe BF4 can use more than 2GB and once it goes beyond 2GB of RAM usage the FPS can drop vastly.

But at the same time a 4GB GTX 640 for example would be pointless as the GPU is not powerful enough.

The best sub £200 card with more than 2GB is the HD 7950 3GB.

4GB GTX 770's are OK, but you might as well spend the extra for a 3GB GTX 780 as it is simply a lot faster.

Permabanned
But so do we with the Inno3D which has the amazing X3 cooler!

Also PNY no thank you, most un-exciting brand ever who never won an overclocking award in their lives.

Shall stick to a card with a decent overclocking reputation and winner of awards thank you. :)

With my luck with i'll get a lemon regardless which brand I buy so not so concerned about that.

More concerned about noise, cooler on the Pny card looks pretty good as well, as good as the X3 cooler? maybe not, need reviews!!!

kf780gtx3gepb.jpg

OcUK Staff
OP
With my luck with i'll get a lemon regardless which brand I buy so not so concerned about that.

More concerned about noise, cooler on the Pny card looks pretty good as well, as good as the X3 cooler? maybe not, need reviews!!!

kf780gtx3gepb.jpg

Not a bad looking card for PNY to be honest. Cooler certainly won't outperform the X3, simply physic, the X3 is twice the size and size matters. :D

Like I say, PNY are not purchased by those seeking max performance or overclocking ability because they are not the choice amongst overclockers, this speaks volumes.

Permabanned
Not a bad looking card for PNY to be honest. Cooler certainly won't outperform the X3, simply physic, the X3 is twice the size and size matters. :D

Like I say, PNY are not purchased by those seeking max performance or overclocking ability because they are not the choice amongst overclockers, this speaks volumes.

When you have choice of having a card in your hands tomorrow or waiting 9 days for another card you know will be a better isn't easy. :p

Associate
When you have choice of having a card in your hands tomorrow or waiting 9 days for another card you know will be a better isn't easy. :p

Have you considered the Zotac GeForce GTX 780 AMP! Edition? I have been reading a few reviews on them and they are supposed to be one of the fastest out of the box GTX 780's out there.

Associate
I'm so tempted to buy a 770, and upgrade from my old 560ti, but I'm don't know which one? I've got about £275 to spend. Any recommendations? Thanks :)

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
Last edited:
Associate
Hi all,

I bought the GTX780 SC card and have been experiencing a few issues. First card came and it was faulty, RBG colours all across the screen, it was unusable. Then I got it replaced, this one wasn't faulty (or I don't think so). When I game, there are white horizontal flickering, it is bearable, but is a little annoying. This has been tested for Far Cry 3, and Metro Last Light. However, older games like Max Payne 1, and even GTA 4, it doesn't happen in and looks fine. So seems like it only happens for newish games, I'll be testing it on Max Payne 3 and see the results.

I've updated drivers, turned off V-Sync at the Nvidia control panel. My monitor is LCD so I cannot go above 60hz refresh rate. Windows all updated... I am using a FX 8350 (4.0GHZ) with a Asus M5A97 R2.0 Motherboard.

My monitor is VGA and connects via a HDMI connector on my card. If anyone has any suggestions, please fire away!

Associate
Hi all,

I bought the GTX780 SC card and have been experiencing a few issues. First card came and it was faulty, RBG colours all across the screen, it was unusable. Then I got it replaced, this one wasn't faulty (or I don't think so). When I game, there are white horizontal flickering, it is bearable, but is a little annoying. This has been tested for Far Cry 3, and Metro Last Light. However, older games like Max Payne 1, and even GTA 4, it doesn't happen in and looks fine. So seems like it only happens for newish games, I'll be testing it on Max Payne 3 and see the results.

I've updated drivers, turned off V-Sync at the Nvidia control panel. My monitor is LCD so I cannot go above 60hz refresh rate. Windows all updated... I am using a FX 8350 (4.0GHZ) with a Asus M5A97 R2.0 Motherboard.

My monitor is VGA and connects via a HDMI connector on my card. If anyone has any suggestions, please fire away!

What's your PSU?

Associate
Would like to refresh the subject a little.

I'm after Asus gtx 780 and has anyone any idea of another price drop or special offer after 24th december 2013? Or 2014 perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom