• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA Stock Falls 2.1% After Turing GPU Reviews Fail to Impress Morgan Stanley, are they doomed?

Soldato
2.1% is nothing. The share price can fluctuate that much with just day to day market noise.
It's a risky move and I think the share price could drop but it's still up massively over the years. a 20% drop from here would be classed as a correction.
They've taken a risk with the tech but a year from now I expect everyone to be raving about them
Even without the RT stuff, the competition is not even there on raw performance.
Of course the prices are an issue and NV don't usually drop their prices but I think they will this time. Probably a bit of early adoption tax on the RTX stuff combined with still having stocks of some of the old cards.
Should NV stocks drop quite a bit from here I'd advise people to buy some and hold for a few years, personally(DYOR tho, i'm not an advisor). I've been lucky enough to have bought some years ago. Although I've sold a lot now I still hold a decent amount.

Last edited:
Soldato
I hate graphs like the above (not blaming OP) but it is making a mountain out of a molehill. If Y axis started at zero like it should it would be more honest.
NV are starting a whole new tech. Maybe this gen will be over priced and under specs for what it is trying to do but without it maybe the card which IS all that in 3 years time could not exist without it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I hate graphs like the above (not blaming OP) but it is making a mountain punt of a molehill.

^^^^ This, it's a "pet peeve" of mine as well, also that nobody in the BBC seem to know there "millions from their billions", I'm constantly "shouting at the TV/radio" in order to correct them (yes I'm old and grumpy)

In relation to the OP, yes there doomed, in 5 years time we'll be asking "NVIDIA, WHO!" <joke>

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
To be honest 2% is nothing. Would need to add an extra zero at the end for it to even be a concern. Their share price is up massively the past year or so.

Soldato
I hate graphs like the above (not blaming OP) but it is making a mountain out of a molehill. If Y axis started at zero like it should it would be more honest.
NV are starting a whole new tech. Maybe this gen will be over priced and under specs for what it is trying to do but without it maybe the card which IS all that in 3 years time could not exist without it.

Agreed, the news reporter knew exactly what they doing by not having the base at zero, they wanted to maximise the hype from the story. A base of zero on the graph would show how small a drop it is.

Associate
Just needs to drop another 230 points to be below what it was when pascal launched :p the end is nigh!

In all honesty though I wouldn't be surprised to see a bit of a dip over the next few weeks, but will likely bounce pretty quickly. This launch in its self likely won't have a huge impact, its gonna take a bit of competition to really cause a swing, fingers crossed we see both AMD and Intel pull something out of the bag in the next couple years

Permabanned
nv.png

ye NV is 100% doomed LOL

Back
Top Bottom