• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia tapes out G92

Soldato
truebluecfc said:
I think the G92's all use less power than the 8800's are now

if thats true then :eek:

although it does say in the above posts g92 is 65nm, and i thing g80 is bigger than that, 80 or 90nm so yea they could have less power consumption or around the same either way its gonna be interesting to see if ati can counter this new card without going even higher on power consumption then thier current card.

Associate
Are we all sure that G92 is the top end card? It would be very unusual for a top end nvidia card to have an end numeral not 0. I think the last one might have been NV25?

NV30,NV40,G70,G80...

Soldato
J.D said:
Lay down the red carpet folks. Royalty has arrived with insider knowledge. Lets all sit and get warmed by the hot air that passes. (Sarcasm doesn't cover it) :D

Couldn't have said it better myself :D . This will most likely be my next card :)

Permabanned
Cyber-Mav said:
if thats true then :eek:

although it does say in the above posts g92 is 65nm, and i thing g80 is bigger than that, 80 or 90nm so yea they could have less power consumption or around the same either way its gonna be interesting to see if ati can counter this new card without going even higher on power consumption then thier current card.

By that time I would have thought Nvidia would have been on their second revision of 90XX series

Permabanned
truebluecfc said:
I think the G92's all use less power than the 8800's are now
Ah right I hope so because my poor 24a Akasa PSU must be busting a sweat with this card. :D
willhub said:
Why a new PSU? If the PSU you got atm is powering your GTX fine then should power a G92 since it wont use much more power.
As above. :p

Soldato
The lack of competition has given Nvidia a chance to take their time with this. A years development instead of 6 months.

Should be a great card!

Soldato
Yep I hope its a great card but we all know how hype and expectation does not equal a great card, wont be an early adopter myself though. Gnna hold on to my current card for the next year or less then get the r750's/9850's if they are out by then.

Soldato
helmutcheese said:
I think most of us expected it to come out for Crysis, I did anyhow, if not I would have put money on FEB 2008. :)

Welcome to the Green Team Tom :D (please do not change sides in 1week :p )

Im not going to I've had my eyes on the G9X series for a long long time ;) , 2900 will hold me out till then.

Back
Top Bottom