• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia to stop selling the 2080TI

Soldato
Yes and why is that. Is it a shortage, is it something else?

Have AIB’s withdrawn the cards

Well I mentioned this in another thread earlier in the week when I noticed there were no 2080Ti's available in the Nvidia shop. I have never seen them remove a card from sale on their site before. Even during the extreme shortage caused by mining the cards were still available for sale in their shop.

Not saying they aren't selling 2080ti's anymore, but, it is very unusual.

Don
Well I mentioned this in another thread earlier in the week when I noticed there were no 2080Ti's available in the Nvidia shop. I have never seen them remove a card from sale on their site before. Even during the extreme shortage caused by mining the cards were still available for sale in their shop.

Not saying they aren't selling 2080ti's anymore, but, it is very unusual.

Yeah I have never seen them remove a product. Just don’t think it is anything sinister yet.

Associate
this is doing the rounds atm on more than a few sites,

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Now De-listed on NVIDIA's Online Store

Now the RTX 2080 Ti drama thickens: it seems that NVIDIA has stopped offering the GPU for sale on its official site. While the product page is still up, the part is nowhere to be found on its web store; prospective buyers cannot even sign up for stock notifications. Some say this isn’t peculiar and that the item has always been inconsistently shown on the store, but eTeknix suggests this is a clear sign the 2080 Ti problem is bigger than NVIDIA would like to admit. The fact that it is now de-listed on the web store suggests that this is a bigger problem. Bigger than what NVIDIA would like to admit. If it is indeed only a few "early test escapes" that are faulty, then why de-list the line entirely? Especially if there are new variants ready to replace them, or even new non-faulty variants on the way. If something is wrong with the GPU itself, it is NVIDIA’s responsibility to admit it to consumers instead of trying to hide the issue.

Soldato
Not been keeping upto date with this, is it just the Nvidia designed card that is having issues or all 2080ti chips? Or all Turing cards for that matter

Soldato
I would guess that they are holding inventory back to replace RMA’s.

I agree.

It just says out of stock on their EU site.

IF that's true that means the issues with the 2080ti Cards FE must be widespread. If I was the owner of a 2080ti FE edition I would be having some concerns at this stage. First reports on various forums about cards with issues, then Nvidia admitting there was a problem and now removing cards from their online shop.

First black screen or crash I would be sending in an RMA straight away!! The good news is that Nvidia seem to be sorting the returns ASAP and are sending replacements out without having to send in your card first. So there won't be too much downtime for the owner.

Soldato
This was the latest on testing of faulty cards from Gamers Nexus.

Well, his testing results don't really matter anymore, aside from curiosity into what is causing the problem. Nvidia has admitted there is an issue. Limited test Escapees on early boards.

Nothing sinister, but, they must be expecting a lot more RMAs for them to hold back all it's stock for RMAs.

Don
Well, his testing results don't really matter anymore, aside from curiosity into what is causing the problem. Nvidia has admitted there is an issue. Limited test Escapees on early boards.

Nothing sinister, but, they must be expecting a lot more RMAs for them to hold back all it's stock for RMAs.

Yup who knows, It could just be low stock or anything. Time will tell as it always gets out.

Back
Top Bottom