• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

nvlddmkm

Caporegime
You can save the BIOS with GPU-Z on the line it says "BIOS version" at the very far right, there is a pic of a chip with an arrow. click that and save and send me the bios.

I will tell you how to flash the bios after :)

Soldato
OP
7950 as the 660Ti is overpriced and the 7950 is more like a 670.

AMD have problems too btw, ive had 3xs 7850 not working with my PC!

7850 is close to 580 when OCed, so 7870 id say?

Cheers, food for thought.

Yeah the 660ti's need to hit £200 asap then it wouldn't even be a decision, such a shame they never price fairly in thr UK

Soldato
7950 as the 660Ti is overpriced and the 7950 is more like a 670.

AMD have problems too btw, ive had 3xs 7850 not working with my PC!

7850 is close to 580 when OCed, so 7870 id say?

I've had two 7950s not working in my PC.

It wasn't an AMD thing, it was an MSI thing. I swapped them for another brand (HIS) and they are flying.

Permabanned
I had 2x gigabtye and 1 MSI so its not just MSI lol.

I think theres been loads of faulty AMD cards lately, i know what you mean about the 660Ti im thinking about getting a 660 atm mo but OCUK charge too much i may go elsewhere this time.

Soldato
OP
Also has anyone ever used two separate 6pin connector cables, rather than using (how I've got it) the two 6pin & 6+2pin on one cable, or is that a bad idea?

Just wondering, I've always assumed the double cable was for one gpu, and the other ones for SLi rather than just one card.

Caporegime
Cheers. It went a lot smoother than i ever imagined. :)

Seemed to have worked and the idle volts are up from .950 to .975 after a restart, is this what you intended?

Cheers for your efforts and the excellent guide to the flashing :)

Yep. I have done 2 560TI's that were having "The display driver has stopped responding and has recovered" problems whilst gaming but not seen it before on 2D clocks. Hopefully the small increase will stabalise it and will keep you from crashing.

Let me know if all good after a while please, in case I see this problem again :)

Soldato
OP
Yep. I have done 2 560TI's that were having "The display driver has stopped responding and has recovered" problems whilst gaming but not seen it before on 2D clocks. Hopefully the small increase will stabalise it and will keep you from crashing.

Let me know if all good after a while please, in case I see this problem again :)

Absolutely, will be over the moon if this helps, if not well I at least now know how to flash the GPU bios and a man who knows how to edit it ;)

Thanks again :)

Back
Top Bottom