NZXT H440 Cooling Question

Associate
Hello all.

I hope I am posting in the right place!

I am looking to purchase a PC with the NZXT H440 New 2015 Edition Case, however have some concerns over how cool it runs. Does anybody know of any overheating issues with this case and would people recommend it (as I do prefer it over any other one i've seen)? Does it struggle with the most recent graphics cards, CPUs, etc, when trying to keep the system cool? Finally if I were to purchase a system using this case, would it be better to have a blower style GPU like the ASUS 1070 Turbo to keep it cooler or would that not make a difference?

Sorry if this is not the place to ask this or if the questions seem a bit odd, first time building a PC so i'm new to all of this.

Associate
It doesn't have the best airflow in the world, but works ok for me, I did replace the front fans with 3 Noctua NF-F12PWM's to have a bit more pushing power and still keep the noise down and I use a AIO water cooler for the CPU up top and have a hybrid water cooled graphics card with radiator/fan set to the rear exhaust. I couldn't recommend a graphics card that doesn't blow the air out of the case so if your ok with some noise get a blower card, in my case I wanted the quietest and coolest card I could so have a MSI Sea Hawk 980ti to be replaced this week with a equivalent 1080ti.

Soldato
Some people have improved the airflow removing the mesh round the edges and replacing with something a little better, the fans should be swapped out for sure.

Associate
I have my H440 for quite some time and can tell you original fans run loud, and are ok not amazing. I have swap all my fans for Noctua. I can tell you from my own experience with this case if you are buying new fans get all fans that are static pressure optimise. As air flow ones are a bit to week for this case. O and the window is garbage dust stick to it and is so easy to scratch that is impossible to keep clean not recommended. Overall its nice cool case with a lot of options and if yo are like me and can put some diy in it. It can bee a treat to work with.

Associate
The H440 is a lovely case to look at but I found it got far too hot for my liking but I was watercooling in it and I'm a bit of a nut when it comes to keeping temps low as well so I'm probably not a good example really.

I reckon for a normal air cooled non overclocked system with a blower style GPU it'd be fine.

Back
Top Bottom