NZXT H510 front connector

Associate
Hi
Maybe being silly, and this is stupid question but happy to be told that!

Just built new PC using NZXT H510 case. It has a cable coming from front which I assume is for the usb-c on top?
I have connected the usb 3.1 cable and audio cable to my MSI B450 tomahawk max mobo fine but I don't see any compatible connector for the front panel usb-c, does it require an adapter?

Soldato
@2Drunk2Funk

The Tomahawk does not have an internal USB C connector. Usually only more expensive boards have that with perhaps a few exceptions. It does have one at the back in case you need to use C.

Can't vouch for a good adapter, however you'd want a female Type C/female USB 2.0. Because you're using the internal USB 3 already. This option would (greatly) reduce the speed that Type C is capable of.

Alternatively, a male Type C/female Type C cable, and run it through to the Type C port on the back, and connect up with the existing front panel cable. Sometimes tricky depending on the holes in the case or whether you mind removing a PCI slot cover.

Or none of the above, and get yourself an all-in-one hub with a Type C. Plug it into the back, set the hub somewhere beside or on top of the case, and you'll have easier access, plus extra USB 3 ports and whatever else the hub brings. Example:

CAdtk4O.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom