NZXT H700i

Soldato
No idea. They sure kept this one quiet. Stunning looks, the white one too. Those cable-management channels, olala. Looking forward to reviews.

Associate
Probably quiet but poor air flow with those solid panels imo. Mesh is so much more effective as you are not trying to bend the air 90 degrees when entering the case.

Associate
That's surprising release;] looking good but yeah, airflow...not so sure.

+ amazing stylish design
+ grid v3 (is it PWM this time? if not ...useless)
+ 2 x 360 rads (even though one on top can only be 30mm)

- probably a big one with airflow
- metal bracket that covers cables, I think it's restricting regarding pump/res placement/size etc. I much prefer rubber grommets and freedom
- no USB C with £200 case released end of 2017 (motherboards have this header since skylake 2015...two years later....).

Last edited:
Soldato
We'll have to see about airflow, yes. If it's only 3-4 degrees hotter than a good airflow case, then I would rate it a success as it's clearly a silence oriented case. It has some things going for it, like the vents on the sides being plentiful and larger-sized than a dust filter mesh (these vents aren't for catching dust), the bottom gap/cut-out (possible because the case does have a front dust filter inside), and the fan placement is behind the side vents, not parallel to them, also they seem to be static pressure fans. Kind of hopeful because of that but aware it could turn out to be the usual story - clean looks = bad airflow.

Associate
A real let down for mATX and mITX cases with radiator support. The big one looks good, but why only have front rad support on the little ones :(

Last edited:
Associate
Honestly I've been really frustrated by the current trend of panel fronted cases. It just utterly ruins airflow.

I assume most of us here are pushing our hardware so these cases that can add an extra 10°C to the temperatures due to poor airflow is just crazy.

Fractal have made a start by trying to do something interesting to a mesh fronted case with the Meshify C. Silverstone have an absolute belter of a case but it's more budget/mid range.

Surely NZXT have the designers to create something that doesn't choke the components and effectively reduce performance.

Associate
There isn't much on the web about these yet, I took a punt and ordered one, its arriving today. If anyone wants some pics of it, give me a shout

Associate
I've gone with the white case with a Kraken X62 - I don't upgrade often so I'm looking forward to building it all tonight. I'm certainly no pro but if anyone was contemplating ordering one but wanted some info first just give me a shout.

Back
Top Bottom