NZXT Kraken X52 - CAM issue

Associate
Fantastic cooler, working quite happily in my new H400i build.

I can't for the life of me get it to show up within the CAM software (CAM is without doubt the worst software I have ever attempted to use, just as a side note)

I have re installed the software, replaced the USB cable, tried another header but nothing seems to work.

I'm on the verge of just uninstalling the software and setting the CPU header to 100% in the BIOS and leaving it be.

Anyone had any similar problems with the Kraken cooler and CAM software?

Caporegime
CAM is one of the worst pieces of software going, buggy as hell. I had this happen to me twice, can't remember what the solution was the first time - try Googling 'fan/AIO not detected in CAM' and there are some solutions relating to e.g. device manager.

The second time it happened was after a system upgrade, turns out the mobo header I thought was USB technically wasn't. But you say you have tried different headers so not sure it's this.

Even if you get it working, be prepared for crash galore. A shame as I really like my Kraken and AER fans.

Associate
OP
Out of the blue last night I got a Firmware Update notification for my Kraken

Once this was downloaded and installed, it was showing up in Cam and I now have full access to it - RGB, Fan, Pump etc all controls available.

It would be nice to know if this was a fix for a known bug affecting my system, but happy to see I have access to it now

Back
Top Bottom