NZXT Kraken X63 faulty pump/RGB controller?

Associate
I have two problems with my kraken x63 currently.

The first one is this grinding pump noise that happens at anything over 50% pump speed, I have raised it to 100% in the video to make it clearer, but it is noticeable in person with the quiet preset enabled. Only forcing to 50% all the time removes the noise. I would say this is normal, but I own an X53 and can only hear slight pump noise at 100% load. I have it plugged into the AIO pump header and have moved the radiator around to try and remove any bubbles, although I don't think it's that. The tubes are mounted on the right of the block, with the radiator mounted above the pump at the top of the case.

The second issue is that the RGB fans do not change colour when I change them in NZXT CAM. I have daisy chained the two fans together, with in and out ends of the cable in the right places. Then one of the fans has it's RGB cable connected to the breakout cable connected to the pump. They both light up white, but any changes in the software, both release and beta do not change the colour. The RGB for the pump does respond however so not sure what this issue could be.

I also have this high pitched noise from the motherboard but from what I have read it seems to be normal behaviour for X370E, although if possible I might switch to an MSI board if the noise could be fixed that way.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom